Hood Politics

I feel you man L.Bulb said.

Following day, we all went out for in & out. Of course Lania showed up. Why? Who knows.

Aye Man, don't even pay her no attention Chris said. Mane, I didn't even notice her I replied. She looking real good thou' fam A-Dog.

Order number 16! The Cashier said.
Thanks mane I said. You look real familiar the cashier replied. Oh forreal I replied. Yeah, you real cute too shawt' She said. Aha thank you I replied. Here's my number text me some time she said. Fasho I replied.

Ay fam, shawty over there just gave me her number I said. She bad, real thick too A.Dog said. Look at Lania' look like she tryna talk to ya Duck Chris said. Mane, fuck her I said.

- Boys came over to Kendricks house-

Election Day Has Come Ms.Duckworth said. Who you voting for Mam'? L.bulb said. Rogers. He's got my vote for sure She said. Who could this hood possibly be voting for? I said.
Hood Politics all around.

So Wassup K.Dot? You bouta write a song about Nia'? A.Dog said. Shit, I should I said. Dog its already four o'clock L.Bulb said. What y'all think about a round two on 17th? Chris said. Nah not today b I said.

7 o'clock had hit, and the boys had left. Which left me with time to write another song. I played a beat and went to work. Gangs and politics was the only thing on my mind.

I sat down and wrote " Niggas names on paper, you snitched all summer
Streets don't fail me now, they tell me it's a new gang in town From Compton to Congress, set trippin' all around Ain't nothin' new, but a flu of new Demo-Crips and Re-Blood-licans
Red state versus a blue state, which one you governin"

I felt real good about that verse. 9:30 had hit and I took a shower and layed in bed. My phone buzzed and "Lania" had shown across the screen. It was a text from her. I waited awhile before I texted her back. In the mean time I texted the Chocolate Drop From In & Out.

Call me. Lania said. Should I really "friend" I replied. Duck stop playing man, and call me She said. What you want I said while on the phone with her. My mom was shot on 15th Dot. She said. Mane are you serious? Me and Ma on the way I said.

Ma Get Up! Lanias mom was shot on 15 Get up! I yelled. We got in the car and went to Lanias. I texted the boys to meet up with us.

Boy . Its 10:15. L.Bulb said. Nigga this is serious Chris said. Lord knows I can't stand that chick but I sure do care about her I said. Aw Lil duck A.Dog said.

Ducky! Lania yelled. She straight? I said. I dont know, they rushed her to the hospital for immeditate surgery. She replied. Lania baby! Mrs.duckworth yelled. Get in the car youre coming home with us. She said.

I texted the girl from In&Out. I said Her names Yasmine. She real bad. Boyyy if you don't get at that I will Chris said. Let's go duck. Mrs.Duckworth said . Mane I'll text y'all boys I said. Get at that L.Bulb said.

-We got home at about 11:30

Duck you haven't spoke to me since we left. What's up? Nia' said. Nothing I'm busy man I said.
I sat back down and wrote another verse about what just went down "
Slow motion for the ambulance, the project filled with camerasThe LAPD gamblin', scramblin', football numbers slanderin' Homie's name on paper, you snitched all summer
The streets don't fail me now, they want to put the game in town From Compton to Congress, it's set trippin' all around"

My verses were getting real good. Ducky! What's wrong Nia' said. You can't be serious man I replied. Well I am Nia' said.

See Nia' I actually l.... - I got interrupted by a phone call from Yasmine.