Chapter 12: Resturant, Cafè, or Whatever

"A phone box?" Gamora said slowly, making sure she got it right.

"Yeah, it was so cool! See, he'd travel through space and time, and fight bad guys and stuff." Peter said, smiling excitedly. He kinda bounced in his chair.

"And he was of what origin?" Drax asked, leaning against the wall that was by the round table the rest of his teammates sat at.

"He was from a place called Gallifrey, and like I said before, he was a Time Lord." Peter said. The group had stopped at the nearest planet for some food. They were currently sitting at the outside portion of a restaurant, cafè or whatever, Drax declared that he wasn't hungry and instead leaned against the wall. Groot was placed in the middle of the table so he was able to see everyone, Peter was sitting next to Gamora, who was sitting next to Rocket who was sitting next to Red. Peter was currently explaining to his friends about this 'T.V. Show' called, 'Doctor Who' and that he could've sworn he saw the Doctor's spaceship when he was piloting the Milano last night.

"Let me get this straight. You, saw a flying blue box in the middle of space?" Rocket said.

"Yes." Rocket stared at the human for a couple seconds.

"That's bullshit."

"It's not! I swear, there was a flying blue box, in space!"

"Peter, that's not exactly believable." Red said, turning her head to the side to see Peter. "I mean, it's a blue box, in the middle of space."

"It's completely believable!" Peter argued.

"No, it's not," Red and Gamora both said. Drax rolled his eyes.

"Let us just humor the Terran, I'm starting to get annoyed by the constant arguing." Drax said. "But in my opinion, it does not make sense for a blue box to be flying about space. Especially of a blue box to your description."

"Yeah, what kind of box is 'bigger on the inside'? If I can't put over four hundred damn bullets in a Flaux Decut Four than there is no fuckin' way that a box can be bigger on the inside." Rocket said.

"Peter, you were exhausted, you've been flying all night, you were most likely hallucinating," Red said. Peter finally gave up, pouting and picking up his drink.

"It didn't look like a hallucination. . ." He muttered into his cup. Red rolled her eyes.

"What ever Peter."

~*~

"We've been searching for what feels like years, Dewitty. I'm tired." Frensky pouted, laying his head in the cradle of his arms on the table of the restaurant they were at. Dewitty rolled his eyes.

"Stop whining. You've been complaining about being tired for the past couple hours when you could've been sleeping. I'm the one who's been piloting us." Dewitty growled at his peer. His eyes wandered the restaurant, glancing at the other aliens in there. His eyes finally rested on a group that was sitting outside, a moving potted plant at the center of their table. There sitting close to the plant, was a red fox.

Dewitty smacked Frensky, making him growl as he picked his head up.

"What? Let me sleep-" Dewitty gripped Frensky's face by the chin to shut him up.

"Shut the fuck up and look." Dewitty moved Frensky's face to the side to make him look at the group outside.

"No, way." Frensky was turned back to Dewitty.

"Alright, what we need to do is get her alone, and take her back to the lab." Dewitty said in a hushed whisper.

"How? They look like they don't even go to the bathroom by themselves." Frensky pointed out.

"We'll find a way you dumbass."

~*~

As Rocket explained how having his own brand of guns is better than buying one, Red looked around inside the restaurant, to see if there was anything interesting. Red's eyes widened when she saw a familiar pair of pink aliens glaring at each other.

"Rocket. . ."

"What?" Rocket glared at Red when he was interrupted.

"It's them. . ."

"It's who?"

"The scientists." Rocket stopped glaring at his friend and looked at where she was staring.

"Peter, we gotta move." Rocket said, looking over at the leader. Peter looked over at Rocket, like he just now acknowledged that the raccoon was there.

"What? Why?" Peter asked.

"Because-"

"The people who kidnapped me are here that's why!" Red interrupted.

"Oh shit, really?" Peter looked around.

"Yes really! Please we have to leave."

"If they had kidnapped you then we should deal with them thusly." Said Drax as he slammed his fist into his palm.

"No, please, we can just leave, it'll be easier."

"If we leave they can follow us." Gamora said.

"And, they can't follow us if they're dead." Rocket said, grinning.

"I don't want to fight." Red said.

"Alright, you can be at the sidelines while we kick their butts." Peter said.

"No, no-"

As the guardians argued over how to take care of the kidnappers, the pink aliens started to notice that the group they were spying on had seen them.

"Frensky, the whole plan has gone to shit we gotta move." Dewitty said.

"What, no it hasn't-"

"The animal saw us and telling her friends, we gotta go."

"Well, if she saw us then we should just go get her. Try to get them to think she's a criminal or something."

"Did you not read their file? The whole group is made up criminals you dumbass!"

"Oh-"

"C'mon, let's leave an' hide out, we can follow them when we see them go." Dewitty said. He put a handful of money on the table, took Frensky by the collar and dragged him out of the restaurant.

"They're leaving." Red whispered.

"We should follow them." Gamora said.

"No, let's just leave." Red said. "I don't want to fight."

"If we leave, maybe they will follow us." Drax said, repeating what Gamora had said earlier.

"Tattoos got a point, we can't leave." Peter said.

"Then what can we do? We have to leave at some point, and if we do leave, they can follow us." Rocket said. Peter put his elbows on the table, and put his head on his hands.

"Uh, I'll, get back to you on that."