Chapter 1: The Escape

"Alright fox, you're going to lay here, and you're going to let me give you these shots, straight into your heart, okay?" The fox glared at the scientist, she hissed and tried to bite him, but he had full restraints on her and she couldn't do anything.

The pink skinned man stepped toward the animal, needle in hand, and began to insert it into her chest, the wires that were connected to her showing him exactly where it was. As soon as he reached it, he pressed down on the pump of the needle, inserting the new substance into her blood stream.

Almost instantly the fox's heart rate began to accelerate, pumping the new blood into its whole body. The man picked up another needle doing the same as the needle before it, and doing the same with the next. After the third dosage the wires that were inserted into the creature began to malfunction, and spark. The machine they were attached to began to do the same. The alien quickly removed them, not wanting his lab to explode. But it was to the late, the other machinery started to spark, one of them catching fire.

"That's enough!" The alien grabbed the fox and stuffed it back into its confinement, which was a glass box, a keypad on its side so it could be opened and locked.

"What did you do?!" Another pink-skinned man exclaimed running into the room the animal was being held, a white lab coat bellowing behind him as he ran. The animal didn't know what was going on, but she did know that something was going on in her head. Her brain felt like it was expanding, by the way her head hurt.

"All I did was intertwine human Terran DNA, with her animal Terran DNA, and her pupils dilated, and she nearly exploded the whole lab!" The other pink skinned man in the room exclaimed. The one defending himself was shorter than the other, and he was slightly pinker. The fox growled at him. He was one that made her head hurt like it was about to explode.

"How much did you give her?"

"At least three dosa-"

"YOU DON'T GIVE A SIMPLE CREATURE LIKE THAT THREE DOSAGES OF TERRAN DNA!"

She let out a scream as the pain grew. It started out sounding like an animal's, but gradually changed into a more human scream. Her paws seemed to grow longer and precise, into a form of fingers, her hands went to her head, holding it tightly, due to the pain.

"Holy shit. . .you actually did it." The man who ran into the room muttered.

"I actually did it! She can communicate with us now! Tell us what Terran life is like! Explain why she does the things she does! This is a break through!" The creatures screams started to get louder. Her grip on her head tightening, the feeling of it exploding intensifying.

"She needs help! Get her out of there!" The man who ran in, ran to the box, typing in a code on the keypad that was on the side of the case. One of the sides fell over once he tapped in the code. He reached in an pulled the animal out, and cradled it like it was a child. It's screaming had stopped as soon as he opened the case, and the two scientists just stared at it intensely, not wanting to take its eyes off it in case it was alive.

In an instant the creature launched itself out of the man's arms and on all fours bolted out the open door, streaming down the hallway.

"Get that fox!" One of the men in the room yelled. Scientists in the hall scrambled to catch the animal as it ran towards an exit. The fox's mind began molding into a route of the building, guiding her to where an exit was.

She ran into a launching bay for an aircraft to escape the planet.

"She couldn't have gotten all that just from Terran DNA!" The tallest one of the two scientists yelled.

"I may have given her three dosages of a mixture of DNA's that is of ours and Terran's."

"You, WHAT?!"

"I was experimenting, okay?"

"No, not okay!"

The fox bolted for an empty aircraft and got in, and began pushing different buttons and controls. She somehow knew what she was doing and she had no idea how, but it was currently working, so she didn't really pay much mind to it.

Soon the aircraft was starting its way off the launching bay to the skies.

"HOME FREE BABY!" The fox exclaimed. She covered her mouth. Luckily the aircraft was already in space and had taken over to auto pilot.

"What the~? I'm a human now. Oh my God. . ." The fox quickly looked over herself, and to her relief, she was still a fox, but her mind wasn't. She knew she was the same, a red fox from Earth, but God was she different.

After double checking that the controls were in tact, and that auto-pilot would stay on, she got out of the seat and looked around the ship. It was basically only two rooms. The control room and the one bedroom was only separated by an army green curtain. In the bedroom, there was just a cot covered with a scratchy army green blanket and one, actually soft, pillow. The bathroom was small, and looked like there was only room for the door to open and close.

The fox returned to her seat at the console, and curled up in ball, her fluffy, white-tipped tail tickling her black nose. Her eyes began to close, slowly falling asleep.