Chapter 6: At the Bar

Red sat at a stool, Rocket next to her. Rocket had gotten something called scotch, and he recommended vodka for Red. Red had taken a sip and nearly fell out of her chair, it stung her throat and her eyes had teared up a bit. After that reaction, Rocket told her to just drink beer until she was ready for different stuff.

"Can I get an Absinthe, stat?" A nearby alien asked. The bartender nodded, getting the alien the drink. Red turned to Rocket who was gleefully eyeing a nearby gun that was strapped to a guys back.

"Rocket, what's Absinthe?" Red asked.

"Oh, that's some hardcore alcohol right there. You get drunk from just a shot. Unless you like, drink it regularly then you can get drunk after a couple glasses." Rocket answered.

"Can I have some then?"

"What? You're thinking of trying that? Ya know what, hell, get some, I need to see this." Rocket said.

"Can I get Absinthe?" Red asked the bartender. The alien nodded, pouring a shot, only filling the bottom. He took a tiny drainer, and put a sugar cube on it, and started to pour water of the cube until it dissolved. The bartender handed the drink to her and Rocket paid. The drink had changed to a cloudy liquid from its green color.

"Go on, drink it." Rocket said. Red nodded and picked up the drink, and she quickly downed it before she could change her mind. The liquid stung her throat but she loved the feeling this time.

"Hey, Rocket. . .that stuff is pretty good." Red said smiling.

"Holy shit, did it seriously already start working? Wow." Rocket was trying not to laugh. Red scooted her stool closer to Rocket's and she booped him on the nose, giggling afterwards. Rocket glared and rolled his eyes.

"Hey, Rocket. . .ya know what? I've been keeping my eye on you the whole time every since I met you, and I just wanna say that you're a nice guy." Red said, her ears were folded back and her tail was swaying with her.

"Oh my God not a bar confession, no-"

"You give off that fought exterior, but your just a sweetheart. I see the way you look after Groot and it's just cool that you deal with that."

"My God-"

"But then again, you elbowed me in the ribs earlier and it was not okay, that hurt."

"You're fine."

"No, I'm not, I'm not fine." Red said very seriously and her ears perked.

"What you want me to do? Kiss it to make it all better?" Rocket said sarcastically.

"Yes actually." Rocket gave Red a look saying: 'What-The-Fuck-Is-Wrong-With-You-I-Shouldn't-Have-Let-You-Have-That-Absinthe'.

"Oh come on, it'll just be a peck." Red said.

"Hell no." Rocket said.

"But, it won't get better until you kiss me!" Red said.

"Well, we're going to have to amputate then because I'm not kissing you."

"You can't amputate my love," Red said very seriously like before. Rocket put his head in his hands.

"This is the worst time I've ever had at a bar." He grumbled.

"Whaaaaat, no it's not. I'm telling you that you can have a fun time with me." Red's ears were folded again.

"Please stop."

"Alright fine. Hey, did are you an angel cos you're face is pretty messed up." Red said.

"That's, not how that goes, and how did you even know that pick-up line?"

"I've been talking to Peter and I saw him say it to Gamora, and I'm pretty positive that, that's how it goes." Red said matter-of-factly.

"No, it's not."

"You weren't there, you don't know nothing." Rocket rolled his eyes.

"Red, I was right next to you when he said it."

"Then how does it go smarty pants?" Rocket glared.

"I'm not sayin' it."

"I'm just going to keep bothering you until you say it then." Rocket growled at Red. He moved to face her better and sighed.

"Hey, you an angel? Because you're face is heavenly." Rocket muttered.

"What? I didn't hear it." Red said pricking her ears this time.

"Ugh, fine. Hey, are you an angel? Because you're face is heavenly." Rocket said a little louder and clearer.

"Aww, Rocket. That's adorable. Thank you." Red had a smile on her face and her tail swayed happily.

"I didn't mean it." He said. Red looked at Rocket and without a moment's hesitation, she gripped Rocket's best and pulled him over to her, kissing him roughly.