Chapter 10: Late Night Arguing

Red wearily opened her eyes, rubbing them on her hands that were just cradling her head. She looked around to see that Gamora was still sleeping. Red got up, trying to not wake Gamora as she got out of the bed. Red slowly opened the door and slipped to the outside, closing the door behind her. She looked around for what had woken her up. It sounded like arguing. Red stepped through the ship, looking around every corner to look for someone to explain what all the yelling was about. Red found Peter still driving the Milano, he apparently hasn't found a place to park the ship. You could tell he was fighting to stay awake. Red went up to the human. Peter jumped a little noticing the fox's presence, luckily not doing anything to disturb his driving.

"Jesus Chris-mm. . ." Peter stopped himself from exclaiming the curse by closing his mouth. "Hey, Red," Peter continued when he regained his composure.

"Hello Peter," Red said smiling.

"So, why're you awake?"

"I heard arguing. . ."

"Oh, yeah," Peter said sheepishly. "Sorry about that, we didn't mean to wake you up."

"We? I only see you,"

"Drax and Rocket went to bed, I think." Red nodded and sat down at the copilot seat. It was quite for a few moments. Red just looked out the windshield, watching as the ship flew through space.

"You run into Rocket on the way here?" Peter asked, breaking the silence. Red looked over at Terran.

"If I did, I wouldn't be here, I'd be talking to him." Red said bluntly, going back to look at space. Peter chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry. So, uh, how do you like the team?" Red moved her gaze from the stars to Peter.

"I love it. It's better than what I had on Earth. On Earth I wasn't smart I didn't have hands and I, was very lonely. . ." Red admitted.

"Did you have any friends? Or do foxes even really have friends, I don't know about forest life that much." Peter admitted.

"No, I didn't have any friends, probably because I couldn't find a mate. You're cast aside from everything when you're different. Everyone else had found their other half and I just, couldn't. . . Mating in the forest world is crucial to the last detail, basically your life is: Be born, leave you're parents, find a mate, mate, have offspring until you die. It's just, I couldn't find the right one." Red sighed and looked back out the windshield, tired of telling her sob story of a life.

"I'm just glad that now I'm able to be around people without hearing the nagging of how I haven't grown up yet." Red added, still looking out.

"Well, that might change sooner or later." Peter said, smirking to himself. Red whirled her head to look at Peter, total confusion masking her whole face.

"What do you mean, Peter?" Red said.

"Well, a little birdie told me that someone likes you, an I'm pretty sure that you like him back." Peter said, looking over to meet Red's gaze. Red gave Peter a look of utter bullshit.

"That's bullshit." Red grunted.

"It's not bullshit! It's true!" Peter said, sounding like a kindergartner that was trying to prove that he was right. Sadly, Red sounded like the other kid saying that Peter was a liar.

"Is not!" Red said.

"Is to!" Peter exclaimed.

"Is NOT!"

"Is TO!"

"IS NOT!"

"IS-" Peter was cut off when a really disgruntled looking Rocket walked in, glaring daggers at the two that were in the front seat arguing. Rocket was lowly growling, adding to the assumption that he was not happy at all that he had been woken up.