Chapter 7: Hangover

Rocket was shocked. His eyes were wide and he didn't move. He didn't stop Red, and he didn't do anything to tell her to continue. Red pulled away and just sat in her stool, acting like nothing happened.

"Now I feel better." Red smiled. Rocket, still shocked, just stared at her.

"I think we should just go. . .now." Rocket finally said.

"Whaaaaat? But I'm having a great time!" Red said.

"C'mon, Star Lord Asshole is probably wondering where we are."

"Oh, we don't want him to be wondering now, do we?" Red got off her stool and wavered, she put a hand on either side of her head and clenched it.

"Oh. . .shit," a headache ensued and her whole head felt like an elephant was sitting on it.

"Whoa, you, already have a hangover? Do you usually do that?" Rocket got off his stool and kinda helped Red walk in a straight line as she held her head.

"I-I don't know, ughhhh, it hurts, almost as much as it did back at the lab." Red said as they walked out.

"The lab?" Rocket questioned. They started to make their way to the Milano.

"Right, I never did mention how I got this way did I? Ugh, c-can we talk about it after my headache is gone please?"

"Uh, yeah." Red looked at Rocket thankful.

After a couple hours, the team was up in space again, Red was enduring her hangover. Gamora saw Red groaning in pain and just rolled her eyes. Drax kept Baby Groot away, not wanting the innocent tree humanoid to be exposed to the hangover. Peter just laughed when he found out, he also made Rocket in charge of taking care of Red during the hangover.

"So, it's been a couple hours, you okay now?" Rocket asked.

"Nope." Red groaned out. The fox was laying down on her back and had an arm across her eyes, covering them to make them stay closed, and her tail swayed, slightly brushing the floor.

"So, when're you going to tell me your story?" Rocket asked.

"Uh, now I guess. I don't have anything else to do." Red said, wincing as she sat up. Rocket moved his basket seat closer to Red.

"Ready when you are." Red said. Rocket nodded, giving her the go.

"Alright. Uh, I guess I'll start from the beginning, back when I was back on Terra. So, I lived in a burrow, like an everyday fox would, still haven't found a mate, so I was alone. It was the middle of the night, and I woke up to the sound of someone or something making a lot of noise. So I stepped out to see what was happening. Next thing I know, I'm in a cage." Red thought for a moment.

"I honestly can't really remember that much of what they did to me. What I can remember is being injected with something and just escaping." Red said.

"Well, I'm a genetically engineered animal that Quill calls a 'raccoon'."

"So, you're not actually a raccoon?"

"No, I'm not." Rocket growled.

"Sorry, my bad." Red said. Rocket huffed and looked in his lap. He looked back up after a couple seconds.

"Red, do you remember what happened while you were drunk?" He asked.

"Uh, yes and no. I remember telling you that you were actually a really nice guy. I also remember, uh, saying that you, uh, had to kiss me. . .its a little hazy after that." Red said, a little embarrassed at her actions when in her intoxicated state.

"Well," Rocket debated on telling Red that she had kissed him, and that he had liked it.

"'Well' what?" Red looked at Rocket with worry in her amber eyes.

"Uh, nothing,"

"Nothing? If it was nothing then why did you mention it?" Red was starting to get suspicious.

"I don't know." Rocket said a little too quickly. Red was really suspicious now.

"Rocket, what'd I do?"

"Look," Rocket looked around. Everyone seemed to be in the front of the Milano with Peter who was driving. Red waited for Rocket to continue.

"You kissed me." Rocket said.

"What?" Red was shocked with herself she knew that if she was human she'd be blushing.

"You kissed me."

"On the mouth?" Red questioned, hoping it was on the cheek.

"On the mouth." Red covered her face. After a few moments she looked back up at Rocket.

"I am sorry. So sorry about my actions." Red said. Rocket didn't know what to do. He wanted to say, 'Hey, you were drunk, whatcha gonna do.' but, he was also wanting to say, actually, he didn't want to say anything, he wanted to kiss her. Red was looking at Rocket for an answer.

"Hey, you were drunk, whatcha gonna do."