Chapter 17 | Before I Enjoyed Her Company

C H A P T E R  17

C H A P T E R  17

The rain had finally turned quiet, the air smelled like wet dirt and I managed to pass out on the couch. The last thing I remember doing was browsing through Netflix. A blanket was on top of me and somehow I didn't believe Gavin actually gave it to me when I blacked out.

I slowly sit up and see he's wide awake.

"Your awake." He says glancing at me. "I thought you died there for a second."

I could have. "Nope sadly I'm still alive." I say and it's meant to be a joke but it actually sounds very real.

"I didn't know whether to leave you there or take you to your room." He adds running his fingers through his wavy hair. I can tell it's a lot messier now and curlier than before and it's probably because we were in the rain. "Your drooling."

"Was not." I scoff. "I just thought your hair looked good." I finally say confidently.

Gavin's lips curve up into a smile like he can't believe I actually complimented him. I know, it was a new thing for me too. "It's pretty late."

I nod. "Yeah you can use this blanket if you'd like." I tell him standing up from the couch and handing him one of my favorite blankets. When he reaches for it I can feel are fingertips graze against each other's and the closer I do get I can smell something heavenly which always lingered in the air whenever Gavin was around.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't even wear cologned and just naturally smells good, I couldn't complain.

"Thanks." He smirks down at me. "Goodnight."

I smile at him and it feels right but it also feels weird because I'm always frowning. My face wasn't used to this. "Goodnight." I walk through the darkness of my house until I finally make it to my bedroom. I try to flip on the light switch but the power is still out.

The only light I had was coming from the moon peeking through my window. I rest my head on my pillow and close my eyes before falling into a deep slumber.

My eyes suddenly look into his green eyes that are intensely staring back into mine and he's smiling. It doesn't seem like a devious smile and I can't help but put my arms around his neck to bring him closer. Are lips are now only inches apart and the feeling in my stomach begins to grow.

His soft lips finally meet mine.

"Why'd you lie to me?" He says between kisses moving lower and lower to my chest.

"What?" I said taking in a large breath.

He pulls away and again, those green eyes are staring at me. "I would have never gave you a second glance if it wasn't for the cancer." He chuckles and now that smile is a devious one. "Cmon I was practically forced to be friends with you, why would I ever be friends with you?"