Chapter 39 | Before I See Him Again

C H A P T E R  39

C H A P T E R 39

I think I could get used to waking up with Gavin holding onto me every morning. His head was buried into my stomach again and his arms were wrapped around me. I try to wake him but he sleeps like a rock and doesn't budge.

I snake my way out from his hold and make it off of the bed in a hurry because I should get home. I kiss Gavin's head before I climb out of his window, it's actually a lot harder than it looks but I eventually make it to the other side and pull my window up until it opens.

I grab some clothes from my closet and run into the bathroom to shower. I only hope my mom believes that I slept here tonight and not at Gavin's.

When I'm done I greet my mom in the kitchen downstairs, to my surprise she seems convinced I came home last night.

With Halloween now out of the way it's now November which goes by rather quickly for my liking because once December comes I'll be preparing for my surgery and I was a little scared. A lot can go wrong during a surgery.

Gavin and I seem to be doing fairly well, occasionally we fight but that's inevitable when you decide to be with someone who's polar opposite from you. Gavin and I were both very different people and we liked many different things but in the end, we were kinda like one.

I draw a lot more now knowing I won't be able to for a while once everything starts. I draw Gavin without having to stalk him like before and he's even gotten two more tattoos, one on his forearm that are clearly my eyes with a rose between it, he says otherwise, the other one is of the words "dead end" just above his left hipbone. I'm not sure how I feel about the tattoos that represent me in someway or the "dead end". Gavin was always one for being idiomatic, possibly even so deeply romantic he'd never admit it.

My mother and I spent Thanksgiving with Sarah and Gavin because she offered to make a large dinner for all of us.

Then came all of the tests for my surgery.

Gavin was also brought in a couple times just to make sure his blood was ready to be donated to me. They've already taken the blood needed for the surgery which takes forty two days before it's expires. I hope it's enough and I hope my body doesn't decide to reject it in the process.

As time grew I felt my body becoming weaker and a lot more fragile than before. My doctors showed me all of the X-rays of the tumor growing inside me. Every time I saw a new picture it seemed to double in size. My weight also fluctuated again, Gavin didn't seem to notice all the things I did.

He couldn't hold my hand or even sleep in the same bed as me anymore because his touch hurt me. My mother couldn't hug me either and I slowly felt myself dying out.

My doctor told me it would only get worse, but once I have the surgery my body will start to regenerate again and if that tumor is the one weakening my immune system and producing the cancer it's possible I'll be cancer free afterward when my immune system gets strong again.