Chapter 15 | Before I Learn His Issues

C H A P T E R  15

C H A P T E R  15

My fingers curl around the glass that contained my chocolate milkshake inside. I took another sip looking across at Gavin who was waiting for me to finish. "Does your mom know you even left?" I shake my head completely forgetting about her. I should probably be getting home soon or she'll actually kill me this time.

"We should go." I say and before I can get up Gavin grabs onto my wrists so I just pause and stare back at him.

"We don't have to go just yet, you can-" he sighs. "Blame me for dragging you here, take it as an apology for saying you were drunk that one night."

I laugh in remembrance, annoyed that my mother now thinks I'm some crazy party girl but also amused by it. "I'll take the milkshake as the apology." I said. "You don't want to go yet?"

Gavin shakes his head. "I'd rather not have my mother bitch to me about coming home late last night."

"It's kinda their job." I admit. "To tell you what's right or wrong."

Gavin frowns at me. "I know the difference."

"So why do you choose to be this trouble maker? It doesn't make you any cooler." I tell him once more. Could I for once try to fit in, here I am telling Gavin what he should do with his life.

"There she goes again." He rolls his eyes. "Alex thinking she doesn't break any rules, if I don't recall you threw a party without your moms permission-"

"Actually you did."

"You've snuck out of your house, three times now-"

"Because of you."

"Don't blame me for your actions." He shakes his head in response.

"Okay so I'm not perfect either all I was trying to say was that are parents do a lot more for us than we think."

"Maybe your parents." Gavin says under his breath. I never imagined what Gavin's life was like, I thought he had everything and I would think he had a great family too, maybe he didn't.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything." I said. "My dads in prison actually, practically just a man who contributed to my existence."

Gavin's eyes look up at me once more. "Yeah, I haven't talked to my dad in years you could say he's also just a guy who contributed to my existence too." Gavin laughs lightly but I feel like he's just using humor to cover up his real feelings. "The fucker gave me trust issues."

Gavin didn't seem like a sensitive guy but I had a feeling his father was a sore subject so I didn't hound him with questions about it. Although the mention of trust issues gets my full attention and it explains a lot about Gavin now. The reason why he never told me anything personal or the fact that he never had a single relationship in his life, I was surprised he had friends.