Chapter 33 | Before I Know The Story

C H A P T E R  33

C H A P T E R  33

I walk into my bathroom and change my clothes. Once I go back out Gavin's still there waiting for me. "Hurry up because I'm already falling asleep." I snap crossing my arms over my chest I sit at the end of my bed.

"I met Mia at Mabel's Diner the summer before junior year-"

I feel my throat closing in.

"We decided to keep our relationship a secret at school and I wanted to call things off but Mia kept stringing me along. We did this for a while and I kept telling her I didn't want anything serious-"

I don't want him to continue the story but I let him anyway.

"Then I saw her hanging around Zach and the guilt seemed to grow. Zach would take her out on dates and I couldn't say anything. So then I would take her out on dates. Zach and I constantly pulled her back and forth and she kept waiting for me to say something but I would pretend like I didn't care. One night I finally took her virginity-"

I sit up from the bed and Gavin follows me.

"She was the virgin you were talking about?" I say trying not to raise my voice. "Just continue." I stand a few feet away from him and he nods his head.

"The next day I told her I didn't want to be with her anymore because it didn't feel right, there was no spark or anything different from the rest of the girls I'd been with. She cried and told me I was only using her when that wasn't my intention. I told Zach about everything and he said Mia and him made some fucked up deal to pretend to go on all theses dates to make me jealous, so I could stop keeping things a secret-"

I'm not so tired anymore, I'm wide awake.

"Then Zach told me after a while of pretending he got feelings for her and that she told him she loved him. She never told me about any of this and then finally she told me she lost her virginity with him." Gavin sighs and runs his fingers through his soft waves.

"I wasn't her first, so I cut her out of my life and as much as she tried begging for my forgiveness I could never trust her again, then one night I get a call from her, she was drunk and I couldn't understand anything she was telling me so I hung up the phone. The next morning Beckham calls to tell me Mia was hit by a car and died on impact."

Gavin doesn't show any emotion as he tells the story. It almost frightens me because I'm over here ready to cry my eyes out.

"I didn't even show up to her funeral. I never told anyone she called me that night and it was mainly because I'm a dick and I didn't want to feel like it was my fault when it was. I could have picked her up that night. Zach and I eventually stopped the war between us and everything went back to normal, like she never existed."

I choke on my words. "Did you love her? Please don't lie to me this time."

Gavins eyes meet with mine. "No, I thought after we fuc- had sex it would bring me to love her but that's when I realized I didn't and I just wanted her so Zach couldn't."