Chapter 29 | Before I Go On Another Date

C H A P T E R  29

C H A P T E R  29

I woke up to the sight of the sun peeking in through my window and the warmth of Gavin's hold around my body. My head was resting on his hard chest and I decide to try and get up without waking him. Once I do I grab my phone to find out it's already passed eight thirty.

It was unusual mother didn't even wake me? What if she did and found Gavin and I sleeping? I don't regret anything that happened last night but maybe I shouldn't have let him stay?

I quickly get off of my bed and feel the sore pressure on the bottom my foot. I stare down at my shirt and realize I'm wearing Gavin's instead of my own.

"What are you doing?" Gavin's sleepy voice makes my head snap into his direction.

"It's getting late and you have school." I say. Gavin could probably careless about school but I don't wanna be the reason behind his delinquency.

"I'll skip a day, come lay with me?" He pouts his bottom lip at me. I roll my eyes at him and crawl back into the bed beside him.

"I'm not letting you skip school for me."

"Ugh, fine I'll go." He gives in and kisses my forehead. "I want to take you somewhere this Friday."

"Are you asking me out on a date?" I tease, Gavin hangs his head back like he's embarrassed now. "Yes, I'll go on a date with you."

Gavin smiles at me. "Good otherwise I'd drag you with me either way."

I kiss him goodbye and he makes his way out of the window once again. The last date I went on was with Zach and it didn't end very well. But everything always felt somewhat right when it was with Gavin. I did things I never imagined myself doing, like going to countless parties with or for him. Gavin made me stand in the pouring rain and I trusted him for whatever reason.

"Where is he taking you?"

I look up at Peyton who's applying some blush to my cheeks. Her eyes are squinting in concentration and then she puts some on the tip of my nose.

"I don't know yet." I admit with a shrug.

It was Friday night and Peyton was here to help me before my date. I shockingly wasn't feeling nervous but instead excited. Gavin hasn't told me where he's taking me as much I tried to force it out of him all week long. 

"Red lipstick?" Peyton asks me. "Actually no you'll probably make out and that can get very messy."

I roll my eyes. "I'll stick to chapstick, hey do you think Ash is mad at me?" I blurt out, he hasn't answered any of my texts and he's usually over on nights like these. I'm sure Peyton told him who I left with the night of the party and that Gavin and I are now sorta together?

"Actually I don't know. I've been with Beckham most of my time now, he hasn't really spoken to me." Her expression changes and she looks unhappy. "I understand though I mean Ash isn't fond of those type of people."