Paying the price

I look through the results before coming to the conclusion that the baby isn't his. I take a moment to enjoy that fact but the truth is, he still broke a promise. I stand up, taking a look at all the guys before settling my eyes on Logan. I gesture for him to stand up and once he stands, I move closer and smile. "I'm glad the baby's not yours." I say before I wrap my arms around him for a hug. "Remember you broke a promise though." I whisper before raising my knee to land right into his family jewels as hard as I can then stepping back. Logan double overs, crying out in pain. I feel a bit guilty but not enough to apologize.
"Do you feel better sweetie?" Aiden asks.
"Sure do." I state, before walking out of the room heading to Kyle's room. I shut the door quietly before I lay on the bed. I can hear them talking on the other side but I can't make out the actual words. I can't believe I just nailed Logan but in reality I needed to do it, just hopefully I didn't cause any permanent damage.
I lay on my side going over thing that has happened. Brittany missing, my destroyed apartment and the baby drama. I guess the baby drama is over but who the heck broke into my apartment and where is my sister?
I don't know how long I lay there before a knock comes at the door.
"Sweetie can I come in?" Aiden voice comes through the door.
"Of course." I reply. The door opens and Aiden peeks in with a smile before opening the door all the way and walking in.
"You okay?" He quietly asks.
"I'm fine, just needed space." I say, he nods.
"Good. Logan and I are going to go do some investigating. We will be back later tonight." He says, sitting beside me.
"Be careful." I say. He looks at me and smiles.
"Always." he replies before leaning over and kissing my cheek.
"See you later." I say and he's out the door, shutting it behind him. A knock at the door a few moments later has me smiling.
"Kyle it's your room, you don't have to knock." I say. The door swings open and Kyle walks in with a smile on his face but it doesn't reach his eyes. He sits next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulder.
"Hey baby doll, you doing okay?" He asks
"Yeah, just needed some space." I smile up at him. He takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Damn this is rough. We held something back from you and we are all sorry. We kept it from you to keep you from freaking out more than you already were at the time but we need to share it with you." He pulls a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and hands it to me.

-I'm coming for you, then I'll have two

One simple line. I look up at Kyle.
"Did you draw the short straw?" I ask.
"You're not mad..." He starts, but I shake my head.
"No, I understand why you kept it from me." I say. Despite what the note says, I don't feel scared, I know in the end the three guys will protect me.
"Baby doll we won't let anything happen to you." He tightens his hold on me.
"I know. Honestly I don't care what the note says, I'm safe with y'all." I look up at him. He smiles at me.
"Well now, what do you want to do?" He asks. I shrug.
"Don't you have work to do?" I ask. He scrunches up his nose.
"Only because we need to find Brittany. Then I'm taking a two week vacation, join me?" He asks hopefully.
"As great as that sounds I'll have to get back to work" I say. He chuckles.
"Well how about we all take a vacation at Christmas?" He asks.
"I'm a nurse, I don't get Christmas off." He lets out a groan.
"Work with me baby doll." He almost pleads. I giggle.
"I can take vacation time for thanksgiving." I bite my lip.
"Deal!" He practically shouts.
"Now, I have work to do. You going to join me or stay in here?" He questions, getting up. I get up. "I'll join you." I smile at him and he beams.
"Great." With that we exit the bedroom. I grab my kindle as Kyle grabs his laptop and without thought I cuddle up to his side.

Logan and I have a long way to go before were okay again but I know one thing, I need to be completely honest with the guys and tell them why I left all those years ago and my exact feelings towards them. Even though it's been five years and Logan cut me deep, I need to tell them I still love them. I just hope it doesn't destroy me in the end. A kiss to the top of my head has me looking up. "When we're all together again I need to talk to all three of you." I say smiling so he knows it's nothing bad.
"Alright baby doll." He says.

*******************************************************************

Kyle:
I was glad Grace didn't get upset with us for keeping the note from her, it had been truly for her own mental health at the time. Now if we could catch this sick son of bitch and get Brittany back. I type away at the computer trying to get past some of the best firewalls I've ever seen. Shit. This is Logan's speciality but with him and Grace on the outs, I had to do it. Not that I'm complaining I get time with Grace cuddled into my side.

Logan:
My cupcake had gotten me good earlier, I still had a bit of pain. I just hoped we were on our way to recovery now. I couldn't stand if she didn't forgive me, not to mention the note we had held back from her. I really hoped we could get a break in this case, we needed to find her sister. Aiden's phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts. He steps out of the car to take the call and I go back to my thoughts.

Aiden:
Relief flooded me when I hung up my phone. I finally received the break we had been looking for. "We got a break in finding Brittany." I say.
"Well... care to elaborate?" Logan raises an eyebrow.
"Of course. I just got off the phone with Tucker James, he and his men have been following James White. They know he got a new girl and she fits Brittany's description to a T." I state.
"The James White wanted for human trafficking?" He asks.
"Yeah and a whole lot of other things, but yeah that would be the one." I confirm.
"But nobody has been able to identify Brittany yet?" He asks.
"We'll know in a bit. They are trying to get someone close enough to get a picture, apparently this guy has more security than the president." I tell him.
"Until then?" He asks.
"We wait." I simply state. It's not like we're getting anywhere on our own.