Chapter 5

Chapter 5

We all remember Dr. Royce Covington-Carmichael, depicted by the ever gorgeous Matt Bomer)

Kevin...

Well life in the inside had become very interesting ever since I had my little pow wow with the Warden a few days ago. True to his word, I heard that the Devil, along with a few guards, literally dragged Javier right out of his bunk in nothing but his boxers on his bruised body as he kicked and screamed all the way to solitary lock up. The word that was going around was that Javier had pissed off Papi something bad, and the crew had beaten the living shit out of him after Papi cut him off completely. As for the other guy that was in the shower room with Javier, he had disappeared off the cell block as well. One minute he was there and the next he wasn't, his cell was barren and bare as if he had never been there.

Nothing was mentioned about my run in with Javier, and considering he and his friend was out of my hair for the moment, I should be able to breathe a little easier, but that wasn't the case. The Warden did warn me, and now I see it for myself. You cut out one bad weed and another quickly grows back in it's place. This time it was in the form of a nasty looking big burly bear of a man from another crew. I feel like I must have a fucking target on my back or a sign that says, "come fuck with me, I need my ass reamed by a depraved horny prisoner."

I was once again reduced to looking over my shoulder and avoiding dark hallways even with the Devil shadowing me from time to time. Hell, I was even scared to shower and I knew I was being a big damn baby, but fuck, this shit was getting real. Then to add to my problems Papito himself has been sending me weird signals. Every time we were within eyesight of each other. He would give me a head nod while those razor sharp brown eyes watched my every move. Especially when I had the Devil shadowing my every move. I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing that I am now that I landed on Papi's radar.

It was hard for me to find or have any kind of hope in this place when you have to constantly be on your guard like this, and I'm supposed to be in here for twenty-five years before the powers that be will even look at me to see if I am eligible to get out of this shithole. I already knew for a fact that I wouldn't last that long in here. No way will I be able to live under this kind of stress. Every morning I open my eyes and realize that this is my fucking relaity and not some God awful dream just sucked the life out of me even more, and it was beginning to piss me off to no end.

Everyday I have to outsmart and find ways to dodge the big hairy dude, or try not to freak out when Papi suddenly pops out of nowhere to watch me like a hawk. Hell, even taking a piss or a shower anywhere in this place while praying that today is not the day I have to fight to keep my goddamned virtue intact only made the fury simmering just under my skin threaten to boil over. I could feel it like a living breathing blanket undulating, waiting just to break free and for the first time in my life. I feared it. I know that over the years Dilly has repeatedly told me that I needed to find a way to let out my emotions and that I needed to stop bottling everything up.

My baby tried to make me understand that my piss poor anger management stemmed from my own issues with my mother, the level of disinterest she showed in me, and her stubborn refusal to leave my bastard of a father.

So, Dilly and I have always argued that point, why would I feel anything, even pent up emotions for a woman I no longer sympathize with. I've always thought what he was talking about in regards to her was rubbish, and I still do. What I do know, is that right now, this entire situation is going to come to a head and I don't know what to do about it.

"Miller!" Someone barked my name almost directly into my ear and I jumped, turning my head to see who it was and what they wanted. I blinked a few times trying to get my bearings only to see cook looking at me like I lost my mind.