Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Dillon...

(James Gandolfini, R.I.P. a smy idea of what Kevin's father looks like)

Oh gosh, I needed to hurry up. My dad was going to be here any minute now and I still haven't done anything with my hair and I'm not sure that the shirt I had on went with the slacks I pulled out of the back of the closet. I wanted to look good for my dad, and I don't think that my usual skin tight skinny jeans and my form fitting t-shirts would do for our first dinner out as father and son.

"Dillon, honey your father is here." I heard Momma Miller shout from the bottom of the stairs.

Shoot, I scrambled out of the closet and stopped dead in my tracks. I spun back on my heels and walked back into the walk-in closet I shared with my Kevy. I continued walking until I was able to shove my face right into his rack of hanging clothes and inhaled his scent that still clung to the garments. I said a silent prayer hoping that everything will work out and he gets released soon, long before his scent begins to disappear from his clothes.

My scattered nerves had finally calmed down enough for me to walk out of the closet. I called down to let Momma know I was almost ready before I darted into the bathroom, and opened my hair gel. I lightly coated my hands with the product and ran my fingers through my hair. I shook my head and smiled at the rumpled results and pronounced myself perfect.

Jogging down the stairs, I heard voices coming from the formal living room and I stopped just before I reached the polished wood floor of the foyer when I heard Mr. Miller's voice. I was surprised that he was home. Momma Miller hadn't mentioned that he was coming back from one of his multiple business trips today when we had breakfast this morning.

Otherwise, I would have met my dad at the restaurant. There was no love lost between Kevy and his father, and certainly none between that horrible man and myself. Some people shouldn't procreate if they wanted nothing to do with their offspring, and I'll never understand how a man like that wound up with someone as sweet and as angelic as Kevin's mother.

They were just exchanging pleasantries at the moment so I hurried down the last step and rushed into the room. I didn't want Mr. Miller to ask my father some asinine question about Kevin imprisonment or make some kind of lewd comment about his son's sexuality and how he must feel at home in prison with all those men.

I know he's capable of saying something so crass because I've heard him say it already, and then the asshole had turned around and laughed like he'd just came up with the funniest line ever. The man had no class about him whatsoever and if it wasn't for the fact he was richer than Midas, then he wouldn't even have friends, he was that unrefined and about as sensitive as a raging bull in a China shop.

I wouldn't classify the man as homophobic. I would say he was one of those self made macho men that thinks homosexual man is weak in all around. One of those ignorant ass people who stereotypes all gay men as being little hot pants wearing, flamboyant little divas flapping their hands everywhere when they're speaking.

He truly felt that we aren't supposed to be taken seriously because we are not supposed love who we love. If you are a man and you didn't love pussy or can't keep your wife barefoot, pregnant, and subservient, then he had no use for you. It's kind of hard to find the right word to describe the man. He is a piece of work though, and he's a horrible father.

You would think that he would be concerned about the fact that his only son got railroaded by a corrupted government official into serving a twenty-five year prison sentence for defending me from being raped and beaten to death. No, the disgusting fuck was more concerned about making money. He didn't even hire a proper attorney for Kevin.