059. ━ do you want to buy a hospital?

chapter fifty-nine ━ do you want to buy a hospital?( season nine, episode sixteen )

( season nine, episode sixteen )

❝You could never disappoint
him.❞

"MY MOTHER WANTS me to move to Boston."

Ellie choked on her coffee. She and the rest of the group had been sitting in the lobby of the first of many businesses that they were going to that day when her phone rang.

"I'm sorry?" she asked, coughing and ignoring Derek's confused look. "She wants you to what?"

"She says that the hospital is like a sinking ship and that means it's time for me to go back to Boston," he replied and she raised her eyebrows. "She mentioned you, too."

"Me?" she repeated, shaking her head. "Jackson, I don't want to go to Boston."

"Well, neither do I, but she likes you," he said and she sighed, resting her head on her hand. "She's just looking out for you. What exactly are you guys all doing?"

Ellie paused. "We're... trying to find a solution for the hospital situation. If there's something worth sharing, you'll be the first to know."

"Alright. Good luck. I love you."

"I love you more."

"Okay, so this time, I'll do the peds and trauma stuff first," Arizona said as Ellie hung up her phone and looked over at the group.

Derek nodded in agreement. "And then I will go into neuro."

"You should do the closing, too," Ellie told the man. "You're good at it."

Just then, the office receptionist they were sitting in walked over to them. "I'm sorry, it should be just a few more minutes." Ellie nodded reassuringly. "Can I get you any water or coffee?"

"No, we're fine, thank you."

"Coffee," Cristina said and they glanced over at her. "And a bagel or something." Arizona scoffed and the cardio surgeon shrugged. "What? I'm starving! This meeting was supposed to start half an hour ago..."

Ellie sighed. "He's a billionaire, Cristina."

Martha nodded. "One of his minutes is worth forty of yours."

"I can't believe we even got this meeting in the first place," Arizona added.

"Yeah, good job, Martha," Ellie told her with a smile. "You, too, Stan. But, you know, Martha's my girl."

He shrugged. "I don't mind. And I really believe that Julian Crest is our guy," Stan said to the group. "He made all his money in late-stage internet mobile. Medical tech is the one area he doesn't have a foothold."

"Exactly," Martha agreed with a nod. "Your focus on applied research... it's right up his alley."

Cristina sank in her seat with a frown. "Yeah, well, someone should buy him a watch," she muttered and Meredith chuckled lightly at her as she brought her phone up to her ear making Cristina and Ellie look at her. "Who are you calling?"