Chapter 3- It was just a bad dream

Chapter 3

~~~~~~~

"Alesa!" I screamed. She was still asleep. This can't be happening, already the virus has spread to the village, 3 people have been bitten. Our house is under attack.

"ALESA!" I screamed again. I kept shooting at the zombies, or walkers as I prefer. There was a scream upstairs. Immediately I knew it was Alesa. I dropped everything and ran. I slammed open the door. There were walkers flooding our room. How did they get it? I don't know. I shot every last one of them, then slammed the door shut and locked it. Should buy me a bit of time if they break in. Alesa was laying on the ground, blood was pooling around her.

"No..." I whispered. "No, no, no, no!" I yelled this time and got next to her.

"Alesa?" I asked her softly. 

"Adam." She mumbled. 

"Hey, come on, let's go. Let's get out of here." I told her. 

"Adam..." She said.

"Alesa please, get up." I told her, this time with a shaky voice and tears threatening to fall. 

"Adam, just go." She ordered.

"No! Please you just need to stand up." I begged.

"I'm infected, I'll only get you killed, go." She said softer. Tears started falling and I held her close.

"I'm not leaving you!" 

I got silence.

"Alesa?" I asked softly.

Still nothing.

"Alesa!" I screamed. I felt something grab my arm. I looked down and saw her, her eyes were green, Alesa isn't there anymore. 

With a heavy heart I lifted the knife.

"I'm sorry." I cried. I brought the knife down. 

.................................................................

I screamed and sat up. I looked around nervously. It was daylight out. I looked next to me. Alesa isn't there. 

"Alesa?" I called out. I didn't get a response. I threw the covers off of me and stood up. I knocked on the bathroom door.

"Alesa?" I called out again. Still no response. I started to panic. I ran downstairs.

"Alesa!" I yelled this time. 

"What? Huh?" She looked up from the furnace. "Something wrong? Did you see a walker?" I exhaled in relief. 

"No. Nothing." I answered quietly. Before thinking I walked over and just hugged her.

"I'm gonna ask again, something wrong?" She asked. 

"Nothing. It was just a bad dream." I answered and let go of her.

"The virus already getting to you Mr. Squid Slayer?" She smirked. I crossed my arms.