Chapter 8: On the Road

A/N: Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been focusing on other books for a little while. I've also been focusing a lot on school since I'm failing a couple classes and I have a TON of missing assignments that I've been needing to work on. Anyways here's an update! ~Nik

~Adam~

Aberdeen Falls is a small village in the Northern area of Minecraftia. It's one of the big cities that everyone loves to visit, in this case, it's vital to go there for survival purposes. I'm going to find my wife, son and friend. I refuse to give up until I know they are alive. 

"Adam?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around, Ross was standing there holding his side, leaning on a walking stick. It's been about a month, and Ross is back on his feet, the injury was worse then we played it out to be, but he's healing nicely. In the past month, we've stopped at several overrun villages and crashed in houses at night, taking turns at night for watch. 

"Ross? What are you doing up?" I asked and stood up.

"It's my watch, you can get some sleep." He said and hobbled over. I helped him onto the pedestal I wast sitting on. I handed him the rifle.

"Thanks man." I whispered and went to the tent we were sleeping in that night. I crawled into my sleeping bag and stared at the tent flap. I missed Barney, Alesa and Mason so much it hurt. I could hardly sleep at night and nights when I did sleep, I didn't have good dreams. I was absolutely drained of all energy.

The next morning I woke up to Ross's soft snoring. I looked outside and saw Jin on watch. I walked out and grabbed his shoulder. He jumped and whipped around a knife in hand. I just barely dodged the stab.

"Whoa! Easy it's just me!" I yelped and grabbed his wrist. Jin let out a sigh of relief and put his knife away.

"Give me a warning next time." He sighed and leaned back in the chair.

"Any walkers?" I asked.

"Only one, but it never came over here." He answered. I nodded and sat down and opened a can of peaches. As I was eating them, Jess had joined in and we started discussing our next motive while Ross slept. 

"We're about 3 days away from Aberdeen, and if I'm correct in saying, on the horses we may manage to down that to about 2 days if we're lucky and don't get slowed down." Jin explained, pulling out the map to show us. We discussed possible places hordes may be in and what villages to go to for supplies and whatnot, until Ross came walking out. I smiled when I saw him.

"Hey buddy." I greeted.

"Morning guys." He grumbled and sat down on a log, Jess handed him a can of mandarin oranges to eat while the rest of us packed up and explained the plan to him. 

"Well it seems pretty straight forward, what happens when we reach Aberdeen though?" Ross asked. 

"Find Alesa, Mason and Barney."  I answered. Jess suddenly stopped what she was doing and turned to me.

"Adam, how far along was Alesa when the outbreak started?" She asked.

"Uh, 7-8 months why?" I asked. She gave a look and my eyes widened. Ross and Jin didn't seem to be following.

"Mason might already be here..." I whispered. Silence filled in between us. I sat down on a log and focused on my breathing.

I must have sat there for a while, because next thing I knew Jess had her hand on my shoulder shaking it gently, snapping me out of my trance.

"Come on Adam, let's get you to Aberdeen." She spoke softly, pulling me to my feet. I took a deep breath then grabbed my weapon.

"Let's do that." I swallowed and mounted a horse. Jess got on behind me, Jin helped Ross up then climbed on in front of him.