Chapter 4: Reunions

Chapter 4

The three days were long and treacherous but I managed to get through it. I luckily didn't see one walker which is a good sign. It was just mountainous and rough, dangerous terrain, bandits hide out in those areas. 

Jin's village came in view. I kicked up the speed to the gate.

"FREEZE!" I heard someone scream. I stopped the horse and looked up, my cloak still on. A guy was pointing a gun at my head. I smirked, fool.

"ARE YOU SICK?" He demanded.

"No need to yell. I'm right here." I chuckled.

"ANSWER ME!" He yelled again.

"FINE! NO I'M NOT SICK! See how obnoxious that is? Like come on, that hurt my throat, why yell when you can talk normally and I'll hear you just fine?"

"SILENCE!" He demanded.

"Well then. Much friendly, such compassion." I smirked.

"ARE YOU BIT?" He asked.

"AGAIN WITH THE YELLING! NO I HAVEN'T SEEN ONE WALKER YET!"

"WHAT'S A WALKER?"

"THE INFECTED!"

"OH!"

"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP YELLING SO I CAN STOP YELLING!"

"NO! NOW GIVE ME YOUR NAME"

"ADAM DAHLBERG! YOU MAY KNOW ME AS SKY THE SQUID SLAYER!"

"Wait what?"

"So now you stop yelling." I chuckled.

"You can't be him. Why would the Squid Slayer be here instead of protecting his wife and child."

"Well, actually the wedding has been cancelled from this whole virus outbreak and Mason isn't born yet." I pulled the hood of my cloak down and smiled.

"I'm here to see a friend." I explained. He almost immediately switched off the safety and dropped the gun yelling "OPEN THE GATE". I chuckled a bit. The gate opened.

"Let's go." I kicked the horse a bit and he started forward into the village. The people closed the gate behind me. The guard jumped down and went over to me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know it was you. I wouldn't have-"

"Hey, chill. I get it, you were just doing your job. So you'd better get back to doing that." I smiled and trot off in the direction of Jin's place. Many people were looking out their windows at the stranger in the street. I pulled my hood back up.

Finally, I reached Jin's house. I dismounted the horse and tied the reins to the fence. I walked up to the door, then knocked. I heard a crash then rustling it went quiet. 

"Adam?" I heard. The there was a rip and a bunch of unlocking and the door opened a crack. Jin poked his head out. 

"It really is you!" He laughed and opened it all the way. I grinned.