Chapter 6- We Need To Get Out of Here

Chapter 6

"Ross..." I whispered and started running towards the village.

"Adam wait!" Jin called behind me. He tossed me something. I looked at them, 3 shot gun pellets. I gave a quick nod and loaded them. I pulled out my pistol and had my knife handy and ran inside.

There weren't too many left, obviously the village was attacked a while ago, a lot of the walkers had been shot already. I started firing at the walkers and started screaming for Ross.

"ROSS! ROSS WHERE ARE YOU?" Barney and Jess were firing as well, I tried not to waste ammo so I ran up to some of the walkers and stabbed them instead. As we were running I saw small child around 3 getting chased by a walker. He was crying and screaming.

Suddenly I imagined Mason running around at that age getting chased by these things. Fatherly instincts took in and I started running over to the kid.

He tripped and fell on his face scraping his knee, the walker leaned over the kid who screamed again. I got behind the walker and stabbed it quickly and threw it to the side. The kid was curled up in a ball covering his head. I leaned down and pat his back gently. He looked up.

"Momma?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No I'm not momma, come here, let's go find her." I told him and picked him up. He wrapped his arms around my neck. He was shaking pretty badly, poor kid separated from his mother and chased down by a walker. Jess appeared behind me.

"A kid?" She asked.

"Where's Jin?" I asked.

"He's looking somewhere else for Ross. Who's this?" She cooed at the kid. Bad timing Jess...

"Luke." He answered and shook her hand. I laughed, good parents if he knows how to properly greet someone. Jess giggled and whispered to me.

"Mother? Father?" She asked.

"No clue." I answered. I heard a growl and a walker lunged itself at me. I rolled to the side holding Luke close to me. He screamed when I did. The walker lunged at me again. I lifted my pistol and fired quickly. He fell to the side. I stood up.

"Luke!" I heard a woman's voice shriek. I turned and saw her running over.

"Momma! Momma!" Luke yelled. I ran over to the woman not wanting to put him down in case of a walker.

"Luke!" The woman cried and held her son close when I handed him to her.

"Oh my God, thank you." She sobbed.

"Now's not the time for thanks, get you and Luke out of here quickly." I told her. She nodded and picked up the axe at her feet and started running.

"Adam! Jess!" I heard Jin's voice. I turned around and lifted the pistol in case I needed to fire. I saw he had Ross, but helping him walk. I cursed and ran over. I grabbed Ross's other arm.

"Ross, what happened, were you bit?" I asked.

"No." He gasped.

"He was attacked. Someone was desperate for a weapon and attacked him." Jin spoke. Crap. I whistled for my horse who came running over crushing dead walker heads under it's hooves. We lifted Ross onto my horse I got on behind him. He was breathing heavily and seemed to be bleeding a lot from his leg.