Chapter 46

Mahi slammed his glass on the table with a sharp thud, making everyone in the room flinch. His glare bore into Rohit, who was sitting across from him, the weight of his anger palpable. The jovial atmosphere that had filled the room earlier now shifted into something dark and ominous.

“What happened between you and Virat?” Mahi’s voice was low but menacing, demanding an answer.

Rohit froze, his eyes darting nervously to Hardik and Shubman. He could feel the heat rising in his chest, his mouth dry. He knew that if he didn’t answer, Mahi’s anger would only escalate. But what could he say? How could he explain everything without making it worse?

“Answer me, Rohit,” Mahi pressed, his tone sharp, almost daring Rohit to lie.

Before Rohit could say anything, Shubman, who was clearly more drunk than anyone else in the room, decided to spill the truth. He leaned forward, pointing a finger at Rohit. “You wanna know what happened, Mahi? I’ll tell you. Rohit—because of a stupid misunderstanding—kicked Virat out of the house.”

Mahi’s eyes widened, his gaze flicking back to Rohit. The room went dead silent.

“Yeah,” Shubman continued, his words slurring slightly but his frustration evident. “Rohit didn’t believe Virat. Thought he cheated on him or something… threw him out. And now, here we are.”

Mahi’s face twisted with fury as the truth sank in. His muscles tensed, his fists clenched at his sides. Without warning, he stood up and lunged toward Rohit, grabbing him by the collar. “You kicked him out? Over some misunderstanding? Are you out of your mind, Rohit?”

Rohit stammered, his hands instinctively going up to grip Mahi’s wrists, trying to pry him off. “Mahi… I… I didn’t—”

“You didn’t what? Didn’t think? Didn’t listen to him?” Mahi’s voice was thunderous, and the room seemed to shrink under the weight of his fury. “Virat is your husband! And you tossed him out like he meant nothing to you?”

Rohit’s face paled as he struggled to respond, but the words wouldn’t come. Mahi, fueled by both alcohol and protectiveness, pulled back his fist, ready to punch Rohit square in the face.

Just before Mahi’s fist could make contact, Sonu rushed in, grabbing Mahi by the arm and pulling him away from Rohit. “Mahi, stop! What are you doing?”

Sonu, not fully aware of the conversation that had been unfolding, quickly positioned himself between his husband and Rohit.

He kept his hands firmly on Mahi’s chest, pushing him back slightly, though Mahi’s eyes never left Rohit, still burning with rage.

“Let go, Sonu!” Mahi shouted, trying to push past him. “He deserves this!”

“Mahi, calm down!” Sonu insisted, his voice firm but calm. “Whatever this is, this isn’t the way to deal with it.”

The room was tense, everyone holding their breath as they watched the scene unfold. Hardik, who had been holding Shubman on the couch, looked over at Rohit, worry evident in his eyes. He had never seen Mahi this angry, and he wasn’t sure how to handle the situation without making it worse.

Sonu looked back at Rohit, then at Mahi. “This is enough for tonight. We’ve all had too much to drink, and we’re not thinking straight. Let’s end this drinking session and go eat dinner.”

Mahi was still breathing heavily, his hands shaking with suppressed rage, but Sonu’s presence seemed to calm him down slightly. He looked at his younger brother, then back at Rohit, who was sitting in stunned silence, too shaken to move.

“Fine,” Mahi muttered, finally letting go of Rohit’s collar. “But this isn’t over.”

Sonu nodded, relieved that the situation hadn’t escalated further. He glanced at the others, who were all looking a bit stunned, and said, “Come on, let’s go. We need to sober up before things get any worse.”

With that, they all started to leave the room, the tension still thick in the air. Rohit stayed behind, slumped in his seat, his heart pounding in his chest. Mahi’s words echoed in his mind, and the guilt that had been gnawing at him for months now felt even heavier.

As they made their way toward the dining room, Mahi shot one last glance at Rohit, his eyes full of warning. Rohit knew he wouldn’t escape this conversation for long. Mahi was going to make him face the consequences of his actions—whether he liked it or not.

---

The next morning dawned with a gentle light filtering through the windows, casting a soft glow over the house. The air was still, peaceful, a stark contrast to the tension that had hung thick the night before. Yet, for everyone involved, the unease from the night still lingered in their minds.

Rohit woke up first, groaning as he sat up in bed, his head pounding from last night’s drinking session. He rubbed his temples, trying to ease the pain. His mind wandered back to the events in the room, where Mahi had nearly punched him after Shubman drunkenly spilled the truth about his and Virat’s fight. Rohit sighed, knowing he couldn't avoid Mahi or Virat forever.

The house was quiet as he slowly made his way downstairs. He found Hardik already in the kitchen, sitting at the table with a cup of coffee, staring off into space. The two brothers exchanged glances, but neither said anything. They were both still processing the intensity of the night before.

"Headache?" Hardik asked after a long silence, not looking at Rohit but sipping his coffee.

Rohit nodded, walking over to pour himself a cup. "Yeah, but that’s not the worst of it."

Hardik raised an eyebrow, finally glancing up at him. "You mean Mahi?"

Rohit grimaced, sitting down across from Hardik. "I should’ve told him the truth earlier. Now he’s going to come after me like a man possessed."

Hardik chuckled dryly. "He might actually kill you this time. You’re lucky Sonu stopped him last night."

Rohit sighed deeply, staring into his cup of coffee. "I screwed up with Virat… I know that. I don’t even know how to fix things anymore."

Hardik, despite his teasing, softened at Rohit’s obvious remorse. "You know Mahi won’t rest until he gets the full story from both of you. And you owe that to Virat anyway. You can't keep brushing this under the rug."

Rohit nodded silently, knowing his brother was right. He had to stop avoiding the truth and start facing the consequences of his actions.

---

Mahi was already up, nursing his own hangover with a glass of water as he sat in the living room. Shubman, looking a little worse for wear, sat beside him, holding his head in his hands.

"You really had to spill everything last night, didn’t you?" Mahi muttered, still frustrated by how things had escalated.

Shubman groaned. "I didn’t mean to… but you know how I get when I’m drunk."

Mahi gave him a sideways glance. "Yeah, well, now we have a mess to clean up. I still want answers from Rohit."

Shubman nodded, guilt written all over his face. "I just hope things don’t get worse between Virat and Rohit."

Mahi sighed, running a hand through his hair. "That depends on whether Rohit can own up to his mistakes and fix things with Virat. But knowing Rohit… that might take a while."

As the morning continued, the tension from the night before slowly began to dissipate, though the unresolved issues lingered in the air like a storm waiting to break. Each person carried their own burdens, their own secrets, and it was clear that the peace they had hoped to find was still a long way off.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Vote and show some support Darlo's ❤️