IV

"I can't believe I'm out..." I breathed for the probably thousandth time as I stared out over the sand and the waves.

"Choko." I heard Umehito call out from his tent a few yards away. "Remember, you can't stray too far."

I smiled back and waved. "I won't!"

I breathed in the salty ocean air again and smiled. "I can't believe I'm out..."

Kyoya had begrudgingly found an article online that said it was possible for me to escape Ouran's third music room if my soul was bound to some other object that was of significant value to me.

I chose Belzeneff, seeing as how the little cat puppet was the first thing I had touched in ten years. It also belonged to the first person I had talked to in that amount of time, so it was pretty special to me.

Using materials from the black magic club, Umehito had somehow bound me to the little cat puppet and tada! I was now a mobile ghost! As long I remained within fifty feet of Belzeneff, that is...

I couldn't leave that fifty foot radius for some reason. All I knew was that Umehito had given me the most serious look I had ever seen and forbade me from traveling further.

Stupid goth guy...

A giggle from behind me made me turn to look at the little blonde boy with a bucket full of shellfish.

"It's hard to see you in the sunlight, Cho-chan!" Honey giggled "Do you want to help me and Takashi try and scare Haru-chan? I'll carry Belzeneff for you!"

I grinned and nodded excitedly, but the excitement was short lived as Umehito darted out of the tent he had set up to protect himself from the sun and smiled scarily down at the blonde boy.

"Sorry, but the only one who gets to hold Belzeneff is me, got it?"

Tears filled Honey's eyes and he ran off, screaming with fright.

I scowled at my goth friend and solidified my hand to smack him.

"That was so mean!" I scolded. "And just why the hell do I have to be tied down to you? If it were up to me, I'd prefer to be carried around by anyone other than your goth ass!"

I knew my words were mean, but I couldn't stop. I didn't want to stop.

"I'm finally free, Umehito! I wanted to go around and see everything, not be stuck with a sunlight hating introvert! Just- give me Belzeneff! I'll be the master of my own fate!"

Beneath the hood, I saw Umehito's dark eyes widen.

"Wait, Choko no-!"

I cut him off as I grabbed the little cat puppet and pain so extraordinary lanced up from my hand and through my whole body.

A blood curdling scream tore from my throat and I barely heard Umehito's frantic sounding voice calling out my name before the pain overrided my senses and I was plunged into darkness.

>>>

I could feel my body begin to solidify before I could actually see or hear anything.

I felt... almost delicate. As if I was a porcelain vase that had been shattered, then meticulously glued back together piece by agonizing piece.

It was horrible.

Then the darkness was dispelled by a dim artificial brightness that I could see behind closed lids.

The silence soon vanished as well and the sounds of water running filled my ears.

Slowly, I opened my eyes.