VI- Epilouge

I stared intently at the gates as yet another person came through.

I had lost all track of time, yet I knew that many years had probably gone by since I first wandered through them.

I remembered my first day up in all this white. I had screamed until my throat was raw and wept until my tear ducts ran dry.

I had eventually accepted my place here, though, and every day since I had stood by the gates, waiting for the day we would see each other again.

He had promised we would, after all.

Looking down at myself, I smoothed down my now white dress and fixed my hair with peachy hands. No longer was I transparent and no longer was I covered in wounds.

The gates opened once again and my head snapped up.

An very old man shuffled through, his button down shirt and slacks both as pure a white as my dress. I stared at him as he crossed the threshold into heaven.

I watched as the wrinkles and spots on his old skin began to fade. This happened with everyone that died of old age.

His back straightened and his height shrunk slightly. His white hair lengthened to his now youthful chin and filled with a golden pigmentation.

He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. No longer foggy with age, he looked around with beautiful crystal blue orbs.

Our eyes met and he smiled at me. I knew then for sure that it was him.

A grin stretched across my face and I sprinted to the boy, leaping into his outstretched arms.

He laughed as we spun around from the momentum, then set me down and held me close.

"Sorry I made you wait." Umehito chuckled, brushing my hair behind my ear.

I grinned. "You better be, you stupid goth."

My best friend laughed again and I joined him.

Finally, after so many years, I was at peace.