Chapter 14

Emma's P.O.V

"Well do you think you can help me?" I ask, desperate now.

"Yes. I'm going to teach you magic."

"Magic?"

"Yes, magic. You are going to learn to defend yourself and get out of here on your own."

~~~

Rumple comes every day, teaching me anything he can in the time we have. It's nice to speak to someone other than The Queen, even if it is the cold, calculating man in front of me. She doesn't come back to see me for two weeks and I find I miss her presence. I miss the touch of her skin against mine and I miss her lips. It scares me to think that I've grown attached to her like that.

The day after, Rumple finishes up with the lesson and leaves me alone just as a tray slides under the door. I begin eating and then find myself staring at the door, waiting for her to come in. As if by magic, it opens and she walks through, carrying a tray of food that I assume is for herself.

"Hello dear."

"Your Majesty." I say, smiling up at her. She returns the smile just barely and joins me at the table that was put into the room. We eat in silence for the whole meal and when we're done she stands up and reaches out her hand.

"Come." Is all she says and I grab her hand. Touching her skin feels like breathing again but I bite my lip, not wanting to feel that way. She begins to tell me a story about her mother and when she was younger and I barely realize that she opened the door and we walked through. I stare up at her and watch her face as she tells me about her childhood. I never thought I would see her open up like this and I only glance away from her every so often in order to look around the castle. The halls are empty, completely and utterly void of human souls and I wonder why but I don't bother to ask.

After a while we stop and I find us in front of a strange looking door.

"Where are we, Your Majesty?" I ask, looking away from the blue door to her face.

"This was my mother's room when she lived in this castle with Snow, her father, and I. I haven't ever set foot in there." She tells me. I don't say anything but instead look at the door. The blue is an indigo colour and I find jagged black lines by the door knobs.

"Why are we here?" I ask her, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"You find me mysterious, I'm sure. But I always found her mysterious. And if she found me with a woman, she would have ripped out my heart and crushed it. You're my revenge against that awful woman." Her Majesty spits at the door, not looking at me. I pry my eyes away from the door and look up at her.

"You're my revenge." She whispers again before grabbing me and pressing me up against the strange door. My eyes go wide and then her lips are on mine, kissing me roughly. I respond eagerly to the kiss, and I go to try and grab her face but I can't move. She pulls back for a second to look at me and I just stare at her.

"Fuck you mother. I hope you can see this, wherever you are." My Queen spits when she looks up at door and then she reaches behind me to undo my corset. It comes untied and she pulls my dress off my body.

"What are you doing?" I ask her, glancing around. We're in public, in the middle of the damn halls of her castle.

"You're my revenge." She says once again, ripping off my underwear. I'm barefoot and naked in the middle of the hallway and I'm panicking.

"What if someone sees?" I ask, trying to move my arms to cover myself. She rolls her eyes and pulls my arms away from me.

"I banished them all outside. I told them that if they set one foot inside this castle I would know and I would kill them without second thought."