Chapter 3

Regina's P.O.V

I take a deep breathe before opening the doors with my mind, shielding my eyes from the sun. I see a horse gallop into the courtyard and the guards all stop to look at it. I see my boy slide off the saddle, and go to grab his bags from the horse when a guard comes up to help him. Henry nods at the man in a silent thanks and walks closer to me. The guard gives the bag to a servant and she runs inside, Henry watching her as she runs past. As the guard leads Henry's horse to the stables he turns to look back at me. I hold my breath, heart beating like a drum.

"Long time no see, hey mom?" Henry says with a tentative smile.

~~~

Emma's P.O.V

One month later

"I need to go to him! She's obviosuly got him under some kind of spell so that he can't leave!" I cry out, pacing back and forth in my parent's bed chambers. David sits in a big chair beside the fireplace, the embers black and cold. Snow sits in a chair on the opposite side of the fireplace. David runs his hand over his face, sighing loudly and Snow just shakes her head.

"Emma, we're all concerned about Henry but he will come back when he's ready." David tells me.

"But what if he doesn't come back!" I stop and stare at him, my resolve crumbling.

"He will sweetheart. Just be patient." Snow tries to reason with me but my concern is way beyond being patient.

"Patience? Patience!? I have been patient for a month. I'm done waiting." I snarl at her and her eyes widen in surprise. I just sigh.

"Emma Swan, quit your sniping right now." She scolds me, standing up and walking closer. I almost laugh at her acting all motherly.

"Yes mother." I say, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. She gives me a glare and I sigh again.

"Now Emma, take a deep breath and listen to me. I'm sure Henry will be back." She rubs a hand along my arm before pulling me in for a hug. I frown but hug her back, unsure what to do otherwise.

"I just want my son back. He left on such a bad note I honestly don't know if he is going to come back." I rub my eyes before running my hands through my hair. "I'm going to bed okay? Goodnight you guys."

"We'll see you tomorrow dear." Snow kisses me on the forehead and David gets up to hug me before I leave to my rooms. I feel a guilty pang in my chest once I leave. I'm not going to see them tomorrow.

~~~

I lay awake for hours, staring at the ceiling and pinching myself every little bit so I don't fall asleep. When I see the sky start to lighten I get up from my bed, grabbing the bag I had packed the night before. I walk quietly but quickly through the halls, avoiding anyone that I happened to cross paths with. I run over to the stables, saddling my horse as quick as lightning and hopping on. I ease her out of the stables, before guiding her into a gallop and leaving the grounds.

I stop a few hours later to get some sleep before continuing on to Regina's castle. I'm about ten minutes away when a wolf comes veering out in front me, spooking my horse. She veers up, making me fall to the ground. Luckily she doesn't run off but instead skitters to the side, neighing and pawing the ground restlessly.

"Red." I growl, slowly getting up from where I was sprawled on the forest floor. I groan as I dust myself off, giving the wolf a full on glare. I watch as she changes from an animal into a woman, pushing her hair out of her face.

"Where are you going?" She asks me, going into a very Ruby-like pose. She puts her hands on her hips, cocking out a hip, and tilting her head to the side.