Chapter 21

"I need more than that."

"I understand, My Queen." I say harshly.

"Still have spirit after all this time. Interesting." Regina muses. "Next!"

~~~

"By the end of the day you will not disobey me. You will be obedient, and you will be the perfect pet." Regina says very early one morning as I stand in her room. "You would be willing to jump in front of a bullet for me, as people from your world would say." 

"I don't know if I believe you." I say, looking her in the eye.

"A challenge. Wonderful." Regina laughs sharply. "Now, you are going to kneel over and over again until I say it's perfect. You will gracefully and gently fall to your knees, back straight, hands in your lap, head down until I say you can lift it."

I stare at her and decide whether or not I should run for the balcony and jump off it. The fall to the ground would surely kill me but I don't think I'd care at this point. No, I need to live and prove I'm stronger than Regina thinks I am. 

"Well? Get started." Regina says impatiently. 

"Yes, My Queen." I say, the words coming out smoothly but I still feel guilt overcoming me. Guilt of submission. I kneel before her, and she shakes her head immediately. 

"You need to fall more gracefully, dip your head, and cradle your hands in your lap. Again."

And so I did. Again and again and again. I kept kneeling over and over as Regina stared at me, critiqued me, and denied me. 

"Again." She says, and I do as asked. I know my knees are bruised, and there is a small smattering of blood beneath me where I cut myself on the stones. 

"There. That one was done right. You will practice your kneeling just like that fifty times before you are allowed to sleep at night. Understood?"

"Yes, My Queen." I nod. 

"Excellent. Now, we are going to move on to the next item on the list." Regina tells me. "Stand, and follow me."

"Do I ever get clothes?" I ask, and Regina turns swiftly, her hand connecting with my face. 

"You have heard of this rule before. Do not speak unless spoken too." Regina bites out.

"I'm sorry My Queen." I say immediately, ignoring the sting of my cheek.

"And no, you don't get clothes. You don't deserve them. Humiliation is what you deserve." Regina shrugs and then turns and continues walking. I follow behind as told and try to cover myself as best I can as we walk through the hallway. 

"Arms down." Regina calls over her shoulder and I roll my eyes before doing as she says. I walk a few paces behind her, my back straight and chest pushed out as she wants.

"I need lunch. At meals your new job is to kneel beside my chair and if I deem you worthy enough of food then I will feed you. You know, like a master feeds its pet." She smirks, and I nod.

"Yes, My Queen." I say in response, and her smile grows. Once we enter the dining hall she goes over to a chair and sits,  before pointing to a spot beside her. I walk over obediently and then kneel, only grimacing slightly as my cut up knees touch the hard stone floor. A servant comes in through a separate door and sets a plate in front of Regina before bowing and then exiting the room without even looking at me.

"Here, you're becoming too thin and gaunt looking. I need some flesh on your bones." Regina says, extending a chicken leg towards me. I raise my arms to grab it but she pulls it back.