Chapter 3: Ridin' Dirty

A/N

Here's more! Thank you again for deciding to keep reading. Enjoy!

Ridin'
♪ Song by Chamillionaire♪

* * * * *

(Cue song.)

I've never looked more badass in my entire life walking the halls of hell. The people running to class were staring at me because, in this hell hole, I looked like the devil. I could literally feel my heart pounding in my face.

I know.

Awesome.

My face had a cut that developed into a big black and blue bruise the size of Russia.

I know.

Not awesome.

Give me a break okay? It was the best any of my fights with him had gone, atleast this time I got to punch him... verbally?

I know.

Pathetic.

"Walking late to class scene."

I walked in my Literature class and all the chattering stopped.

"Daniel Ortiz... How am I not surprised. First day of school and your already late." Mr. Jackson said all of this still grading a paper, not looking at me once.

"What have you got to say for yourself young ma- LORD JESUS WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR FACE!"

There you go.

"Sorry Mr. Jackson according to coach, I was busy dying."

"I can see why he though so. We just skipped you on your summer reading presentation, so you're next after Jamie."

"So this is the part where I do an amazing job even though I got caught off guard."

---

"Wow Ortiz that was very well done. Who helped you?" He looks at me knowingly.

"The real question is what helped me sir. You see there's this place called Wikipedia, it has been there for me since I was able to inhale oxygen."

I rested my fist dramatically in my heart.

"It's quite the place sir, you should google it."

"Ok, that's enough, sit down Daniel." He said laughing.

I sat through all the other presentations like everyone else. Nothing had really changed. It was as if summer never interrupted school. I didn't even feel like a senior. I guess maybe in a few weeks I would get a glimpse of my seniority. The fundraisers and working on late nights on school tournaments. The bell rang waking me from my train of thoughs.

I stood up and was just about to head out when Mr. Jackson told me to wait by the door.
"What happened?"

"Morgan happened."

"Again? I though that after last time he would be over this. He got detention, so you shouldn't worry about him for a while. Did he say something?"

"Can I please go?" I was growing impasive at Mr. Jackson's interrogation.

He looked at me for a few seconds, studying my face. I knew he was just concerned, but I hated this. Being pitied.

"Look sir I'm fine. Besides I started it. If anyone should be punished it's me."

"Daniel, nobody saw you throw the first punch. All everyone saw was Coach trying to get him off you."