six

NIALL'S POV:

She just left me standing there, dazed by that kiss on the cheek. I totally wasn't expecting that. Yes, I had talked to mum about Leah, but I think I forgot to prepare myself for the time when she told Leah that she was a topic of our conversation. I never blushed so hard in my life.

I also couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her playing with Theo. From afar it looked like it was her, but it was surprising to see her there. And she thinks I'm the stalker! I chuckled to myself at that thought. That girl definitely is something.

The next day, I woke up early in the morning to go for a jog, like I always do when I come up here in Mullingar. The fresh morning air, some music and the greenery around here just calms me down and helps me think. And also, you need to digest what you've stuffed in your stomach, don't you?

I jogged around my usual track, which also happens to pass through the hotel Leah stays in. I remember her telling me that she's here for another day. Just thinking about her made me smile, I'm yet to figure out why, though.

When I reached the gates, I found none other than Leah leaning on one of them. She was wearing a jogging outfit quite similar to mine so it was quite obvious what she was doing. When she noticed me, she raised her eyebrows but smiled none the less, which I returned.

"Wanna be my jogging buddy?" I asked her, smirking.

"Sure." She smiled and we both started jogging.

"Theo has been asking about you a lot, ya know? He's grown quite attached to you." I mused, causing her to chuckle.

"Tell him that I miss him too. He's a really cute kid."

We jogged for about the next half an hour or so and then I took Leah out for breakfast. There was this cafe that I go to once in a while. They make really tasty breakfast and also coffee, so I was pretty sure Leah would love it.

At first she seemed reluctant, but then on a lot of insisting she finally agreed. We ate our breakfast, which she really seemed to love, and talked about really basic stuff, getting to know each other. I found out that our common favourite colour is blue and she has a fascination for travelling and exploring. She also adores listening to music and Ed Sheeran is her all time favourite.

She told me things about her childhood, her life in Chicago, all the crazy travelling she's done. She's been to a lot of countries all across the world. Apparently her whole family loves to travel. She's been to almost the whole of the United States, a few places like Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide in Australia and also New Zealand.

She's travelled a lot in Asia as well. Places like Bangkok, India, Philippines, China, Japan, Hong Kong. And now she's travelling around the UK and Ireland. She's also been the a lot of places in Europe.

I told her things about myself, my childhood, how I used to go out to see football matches with my dad, concerts of my favourite artists, celebrating our Irish festivals with pride, living the total small town life. It was amazing to see the fascination in her eyes as she heard me speak. She's never experienced these things before so she was really interested in what I had to say.

After an amazing breakfast, I dropped her off to her hotel again. She told me that they're free for the day and she might just go out and roam about. A few hours had passed since then, but my mind kept drifting back to Leah.

Then Theo came running to me, trying to get my attention.

"Hey lil buddy! How are ya?" I smiled at him, pulling him to my lap.

"Where is Lee-Lee?" He asked me, his innocent blue eyes staring into mine.

"Lee-Lee?" I asked him.