eleven

NIALL'S POV:

Today I had decided to go to my favourite spot just to practice some guitar. I hadn't done that in a while. It would also help me think about all the mess that is going on about in my head. And it mostly contained Leah and what I feel about her.

So when I had finished off whatever I had to do during the day, I set out to my spot which was, according to me, one of the calmest and the most amazing places of all time. I only discovered it a few weeks ago when I was travelling back to the Uni after visiting my friend.

After walking for about half an hour or so, I reached my spot. It was like a bank of a lake with trees all around. It was a very quiet and calm place. I come up here when I want some peace and quiet for a bit. A place where I can think and pull myself together if I am ever going through any sort of problem, no matter how small it was.

I decided come here today to practice my guitar a bit and also to think in general. And my thoughts were mostly supposed to be about Leah. I've always had a very personal attachment to this place. I come here a lot, just to unwind or relax.

I walked up to the place where I usually sit down, only to find another person sitting over there. That person was a girl, who had her headphones on and was probably listening to Fight Song by Rachel Platten since that's what she was singing out loud and honestly it was the best voice I ever heard. It took me very little time to realize that it was actually Leah who was singing it. I smiled to myself. This girl is so talented yet she keeps it all under wraps.

What really made me wonder was that how come she is here? Does she come here often as well? How come I never bumped into her over here? This was so much of a coincidence that it made me chuckle to myself. This is the fourth time me and Leah are coming across each other so randomly out of the blue. I can't describe this anything else except for coincidence.

Once she ended the song, I started clapping and said to her,"I didn't know you had such a beautiful voice."

She immediately jumped and turned around, her hand on her chest.

"Niall! You scared me! What are you doing here?" She asked me, shocked beyond limits.

"Well I was about to ask you the same thing. I found this place a while ago and I come here a lot. Sometimes to play the guitar, to relax, to think stuff through or just to calm myself down. I love it here." I explained.

"Even I stumbled upon this place sometime ago. I instantly fell in love with this place. And I too come here for most of the reasons you stated." She said.

"How come we never came across each other?" I wondered out loud.

"Isn't that our trademark these days?"Leah laughed lightly, referring to the times we coincidently met each other out of the blue.

"I know right? I have to admit, this is slightly creeping me out now." I chuckled.

"The feeling is mutual." She joined in.

"Anyways you need to sing me a song. I absolutely loved your voice!" I told her and she blushed and looked down.

"Nah, I'm not singing again. I'm very shy about this. You weren't supposed to hear me sing in the first place." She said, her voice low, cheeks even redder.

"But it's so lovely! Why don't you sing more often?" I asked her and she just shrugged.

"How about you play me your guitar? I never knew you could play!" She gave me a slightly offended look for not telling her about this and it made me laugh.

"You never asked. And don't change the topic." I smirked at her. She gave me a glare.

"Okay how about you sing a song and I play the guitar to it? This way we both get what we want." I proposed.

She eyed me for a bit and then sighed in defeat. She scooted over so that I could sit beside her. I had a triumphant smile on my face as I came to sit.

She finally decided upon singing Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran. It was something I could play and I liked that song a lot. Turns out she loved it too. When I played and she sang, it was like heaven on earth. Her voice blended in so well with my guitar it felt as if my ears were blessed.

I didn't even realise that at one point I had joined her in and we were both singing together. Our voices harmonised so beautifully it almost felt unreal. I was loving this.

"That was..." I trailed off.

"Amazing. I know." She finished.

"We were perfect." I whispered, the song still replaying in my head and her voice still in my ears.

"You're an amazing singer as well, Niall!" She complimented, making me smile.

"Not as good as you, though. You were bloody brilliant." I genuinely said.

"Thanks." She blushed and then silence well. It was a comfortable one.

"How about we soak our legs in the lake water for a bit?" I whispered to her, not wanting to disturb the silence.

"Sure. I wanted to do that." She smiled at me.

We folded our jeans to the length of our knees and sat down on the edge of the lake, her head on my shoulder and my hand wrapped around her. It was so peaceful. It felt perfect.

"Niall?" She said after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah?"

"I really loved that little jam session of ours a while ago. And the fact that we stumbled upon each other, again." She giggled.

"Yes, again." I laughed along.

"Are you sure you're not stalking me?" She asked me again, humour clear in her voice.

"Positive." I cheekily smiled at her, making her laugh.

After that she wrapped both of her arms tightly around me and I sighed.

"Leah?" I looked at her. She hummed in response.

"I'd love to do this again sometime, you know? You don't have to be so insecure about your voice. It's the best I've ever heard." I told her sincerely.

"Just thought I'd put it out there." I added.
She sat up properly now, looking at me funnily.

"Thanks, Niall. It means a lot to me. And yes I'd love to do this again sometime." She gave me a genuine smile and I smiled back at her. It was getting dark now as we watched the sun go down.

After sitting there for some more time, we decided to head back to the Uni. We walked back, and not to mention we had clicked loads many pictures today. It was an amazing day.

"I had a good time today, Niall ." She smiled at me.

"Me too, Leah." I smiled as she hugged me.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." She said.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow, Leah." I waved at her before going to the boys' dorm with goofy smile on my face and Leah's perfume in my senses.

-------------

There you go, the changed version.

Anywaaaays I'd like to take this opportunity to wish our very own Crazy Irish Mofo a very very very happy birthday! He is such a cutie radiating positivity all over. He is so carefree and happy all the time, doing what he loves and just living life to the fullest. And you know what? It all worked out.

So here's me wishing Niall James Horan a very happy 22nd birthday! *sniffs* *cries* May you live on for many more years and I hope you deliver many more hits. Oh and also get well soon, love. I love you more than you can ever imagine.

Oh and vote and comment! And also thank you for the 200+ votes I really cannot thank y'all enough! You guys are the best!

Check out my other Niall fanfic Tennis Court if you haven't!

I love y'all!

Xxxxxx.