seventeen

NIALL'S POV:

The next few minutes after Leah excused herself were a total blur. A totally wasted girl came to sit on my lap. I was completely disgusted by the act but I didn't want to be rude. I tried to gently push her off me, but instead she had turned and kissed me straight on the mouth. I didn't know how to react, and just the very second, Leah walked out of the restroom and stared at me. I wasn't kissing the girl back, I was pushing her off me.

But when I saw a tear fall down from her eyes, I knew she had gotten the wrong idea. Now I didn't care if this girl feels bad, I pushed her off me as I ran out behind Leah, shouting her name in an attempt to make her stop from leaving.

Leah started to sprint now, running out the door and on the street. She didn't have a ride, so she definitely would wait for me. Or so I thought. I kept calling her name, running up to her, but by the time I reached her, she was already on the bus, going back to wherever she was going.

I stood there, staring at the bus, seeing it go down the street. I kicked a can in frustration. This had ended in the totally opposite way than I had expected it to be. I was finally going to confess to her what I had been feeling for ages, but just realized a few days ago.

I was in love with Leah. Long before we had first actually met at the football match. And I only kept falling for her more and more, every time we bumped into each other. Coincidence or not, I was pretty sure us bumping into each other all the time definitely meant something. Call me a psycho, but this is what I firmly believed.

I jumped into my car, slamming the door harder than I ideally should. I drove as fast as I could and made it to the Uni. I ran up to Leah's dorm, not even bothering to lock my car, but that wasn't my priority at the moment.

I banged at their door frantically, only to have Alison answer for me. She looked at my panting and wide eyed state, slightly taken aback.

"Is Leah here?" I asked her, not wasting a single moment.

"No she isn't. She was supposed to be with you, wasn't she?" She gave me a look.

I stayed silent, my head hung low. I was ashamed of myself for this. I had no fucking clue where she was. I was hoping she would've come back here, but now I was really really scared as to where Leah was. Bad scenarios started to pop in my head. And I was praying nothing of that sort would happen to her.

When I didn't respond to Alison, she stared at me, giving me a very intimidating gaze. I found myself genuinely scared of her.

"Niall, be honest with me, what happened?" Her voice made me realize that she would kill me if I didn't tell her everything. By now even Sarah and Ashley had come to the door.

They beckoned me in and I began to explain everything. And by everything, I meant everything. Our watching the gig, her going to the restroom, the girl coming to me, the kiss, her leaving....

All three of them didn't speak a word as I spoke. I told them all I felt about her. How I was going to finally confess how I felt about her. How I had seen her long before we met. How I was too shy to approach her, not knowing what to do or say. And then I told them what I had confessed to Liam and Harry earlier today.

Hell, I had even called Louis up, seeing that she meant a lot to him as well. He made me promise that I won't hurt her, but that's what happened, even though it was a pure misunderstanding.

"I love her. I love her with all I have. And I have massively fucked everything up, even if it was a misunderstanding." I whispered the last part.

"You love her." Ashley repeated.