nine

NIALL'S POV:

This can't be real. I am definitely dreaming. Someone pushed me from behind and I landed directly on Leah, my lips connecting with hers in the process. My eyes widened immediately as I felt my cheeks heat up. My heart was racing and the feeling of her lips in mine itself was so surreal and refreshing that I couldn't bring myself to pull away.

Yes, I had noticed Leah long before I talked to her at the football match. At that moment, I knew she was special, but my feelings grew only after that match. The events that followed after, more like coincidences, just added up to it. But I still wasn't gutsy enough to ask her out. Somehow my friend got me these passes and I asked her to come with me.

I knew she'd say yes, since she was a die hard 5SOS fan, but what I wasn't prepared for, was this. Me kissing her. It was more like an accident, but I devoured it none the less. I had wanted to feel those lips on mine for so long, that even though none of us was really kissing, I couldn't bring myself to pull away.

Finally, Leah broke apart, we both were blushing so hard.

"I, uh.." But before she began her awkward rambling, I cut her off.

"It wasn't really a kiss, but uh...yeah." I couldn't bring myself to say any further, it still felt too soon. Even though the crowd was screaming, I knew she could hear me, since we were so close to each other.

"I, uh, well I don't know what to say actually." She whispered, looking away and I swear in that moment my heart was beating at the speed of lightning.

"Yeah."

And then I kissed her, for real this time. No pushing, no accidents, nothing. And the next thing we knew, people around us were cheering for us, some choruses of awws were heard.

We broke apart, our cheeks red, and when I searched for the reason, I saw our faces on the big screen. When I looked back at Leah she was already looking at me. She was startled and staring at me with slightly wide eyes. I just hoped she wasn't mad at me. It was a really spur of a moment thing. But then she had kissed me back so I don't know what to exactly think. I just smiled wide and whispered, "We're famous" in her ears, making her laugh.

Michael Clifford gave me a thumbs up from the stage and Ashton grinned at us, making Leah bury her face in my shirt. Although I knew this was a little weird and everything but I couldn't stop myself. I don't know why, but I just couldn't.

After the concert was over, me and Leah went out for dinner and of course I paid, even when she insisted otherwise. I knew something was a little awkward between us. Slightly, not too much.

We walked back to the Uni in silence. I was honestly cursing myself for fucking everything up.

"Leah....about the kiss...." I began to say.

"I understand, Niall. It was a spur of a moment thing. That's the reason I kissed back. I am not really thinking about it much. It was nice though." She gave me a small smile.

"And no I'm not mad if that's what you're thinking." She quickly added.

A wave of relief washed over me. I was thinking that she would probably never talk to me again. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"Yeah. I liked it too. Thanks for understanding, though. I hope nothing's awkward between us." I said, although I felt a little sad she thought of it as what she just said.

"Don't worry, Niall. We're good." She gave me a smile and I smiled back.

Once we were at the entrance of the girl's dormitory, Leah turned to face me.