chapter 3

Things are going to start getting interesting. Hermione meets astoria's fiancée today.

Hermione woke up with a major headache. She sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes. Crookshanks jumped up on Hermione's bed and began to purr as Hermione pet his fur. All Hermione wanted to do was stay in bed all day. She lay back down on her bed and closed her eyes. Suddenly she bolted up and groaned. I have to meet Astoria's fiancée today.

She dragged herself out of bed and started the shower. She closed her eyes as the hot water ran down her body. She washed her hair and her body. When she finally finished she quickly dried herself and her hair. Hermione picked out one of her nicest business dresses. Better make an impression.

Hermione grabbed some Sleakeazy and put it in her hair to make it extra nice. She applied a small amount of makeup and slipped on her heals. She gave herself a brief once over and smiled. She heard a knock on her door and went to open it.

The door revealed Hermione's good friend and partner Cher. "Cher how is it that you're always on time?"

Cher smiled and waltzed in sat down on Hermione's table. Cher was wearing a tight black dress that was similar to the one that Hermione wore to Neville's wedding. "Well Hermione, I have this thing called an alarm clock. Maybe you should get one. Are you feeling okay?"

Hermione put a hand to her forehead and shook her head. "I have the biggest headache. I can't believe that we have to meet Astoria's fiancée today. Do you have any potions on you? I ran out last week."

Cher shook her head and smiled. She reached into her purse and passed the potion to Hermione. "You overwork yourself."

Hermione rolled her eyes and drank the potion. She pulled a face and stuck her tongue out. "That was disgusting. Let's go. We have to meet Astoria at her manor."

"I'm so excited that you're finally going to meet my fiancée. The reason I kept it a secret was because I just wanted it to be a surprise. When did you say that you'd be moving in?"

"I'm excited to meet him. I'll definitely be moving in this week." Hermione, Cher, and Astoria were walking towards the living room.

"Oh there he is. Hermione I want you to meet my fiancée Drake."

Hermione smiled and stuck out her hand. "Hi I'm Hermione, it's great to finally-" Hermione stopped in shock. She was face to face with Draco Malfoy. She balled her outstretched hand into a fist and grimaced. "Of course."

Malfoy shot her his famous smirk. "Missed me Granger?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. She was about to retort when Astoria started speaking. "Do you guys know each other?"

Hermione turned to face Astoria with a fake smile plastered on her face. "Yes, um, as you know we went to school together. We weren't exactly what you would call friends."

Astoria slowly nodded. "Oh yes, Daphne mentioned something about you two knowing each other. She didn't really elaborate though. Well, it's great that you two know each other so now we don't have to go through the whole awkward meeting stage."

Hermione just nodded in response. Malfoy turned back to face Hermione and Cher. "And who is this lovely lady?"

Any other girl would've blushed or giggled but Cher was not one of those girls. She knew all about Malfoy. She rolled her eyes. "The name's Cher, Cher Williams."

Draco took her hand and kissed it. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Cher."

Cher snatched her hand back in disgust. "The pleasure's all yours."