chapter 5

A/N: So how was last chapter? Hermione finds Draco attractive! *Wiggles Eyebrows*.

Chapter Five

Hermione's first night at Astoria's manor went by smoothly. She completely avoided Draco at all times. After the incident at the venue, she didn't want to be anywhere near him. It was no secret that Draco Malfoy was attractive. In fact, Hermione had a crush on him in first year, that is, until he opened his mouth. No matter how much she hated him, he was still very attractive.

Once her face hit the pillow she immediately fell asleep. She woke up early the next morning. She tiptoed out of her room so that she wouldn't disturb anyone as she made her way to the kitchen. Hermione made herself some muggle cereal called Lucky Charms.

She put the last spoonful of cereal in her mouth and began to wash her bowl. "You know that we have house elves right?" The words were whispered in her ear. She could feel the person's hot breath on her neck. She dropped her bowl into the sink and yelped. She turned around and saw Draco looking at her in amusement.

"I know that you have house elves but I am perfectly capable of doing things on my own."

"Even if you were capable of doing it on your own, then why are you washing your bowl the muggle way?"

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and began to rewash her bowl. "I'm doing it the muggle way because unlike you, I don't need to rely on magic for everything. Do you even know how to tie your shoes without using magic?"

She smirked when she heard Draco grumble and walk away. Once she was done washing her dishes, she crept back upstairs to change into some day clothes. Once she was finished changing she decided to explore the manor. She walked around the halls and admired the portraits that were up.

Hermione found herself gazing at a portrait of a young blonde woman who was the spitting image of Astoria. She flickered her gaze down towards the name at the bottom of the portrait. It read, Genevieve Greengrass (1785-1860). The woman was very beautiful, just like Astoria. Hermione sighed and continued to wander around the house.

Hermione came across a door that was cracked open. She pushed the door completely open and her jaw dropped. It was a room full of books, a library. It was probably the biggest library Hermione had ever seen. She broke into a wide grin. She spun around in a circle trying to take in all of the books. "Wow." She whispered to herself.

She began to run her fingers along the spines of all the books. Her eyes lit up when she saw a muggle novel, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. She took it out of its spot. She found a nice window seat and sat down. She cracked open the old novel and was instantly sucked in.

"Hermione? Hermione, where are you?" Hermione was so engrossed in the novel that she didn't hear her name being called. "There you are! I've been looking for you everywhere." Hermione glanced up from the book and saw Astoria looking down at her.

Hermione felt her cheeks redden. "I'm so sorry. I just got so distracted by this book; I didn't realize what time it was. What do you need?"

Astoria shook her head and smiled. "Don't worry about it. Drake told me that you love to read. Anyway, I was just wondering if you would like to come with Drake and me to shop for flowers?"

Hermione put the book down and stood up. She smoothed out her clothes. "Let me just change and I'll meet you in the living room." Astoria nodded and both women walked out of the library.

Hermione grabbed a pale blue dress and slipped it over her head. She pulled some of her hair back so that it would be out of her eyes. She put on some nude heels and walked down the stairs to the living room. Astoria turned and smiled. "You look wonderful. Let's go then."