Chapter 11

YAY! NEW CHAPPIE! I THINK YOU'LL LIKE THIS ONE. ;)

Chapter Eleven

Hermione woke up with a major headache. She sat up and rubbed her eyes trying to remember what had happened the night before. She looked down at herself and saw that she was still wearing her clothes from yesterday. She scrunched her eyebrows trying to think about last night's events. So far all that she could remember was Luna trying to set her up with a 'suitor'.

She noticed a potion sitting on her nightstand. She picked up the bottle and squinted her eyes to read the label. It was a hangover potion.How did that get there? Hermione shook her head and opened the bottle and drank it. She was immediately beginning to feel better. Her memory still hadn't come back though. She decided to go down stairs and make herself some breakfast.

As she made her way down the stairs she smelled something burning coming from the kitchen. She ran over and saw food all over the kitchen. It looked like there was an explosion of pancakes and eggs. She then saw Draco with a whisk in his hand attempting to mix a batter of some kind. Hermione put a hand over her mouth and gasped. Draco had caused this whole mess.

Draco looked up at Hermione when he heard the sound she made. "Don't worry breakfast will be ready in a minute." Hermione burst out laughing. She pulled out her wand and muttered a quick spell to clean the kitchen.

She then walked over to where Draco was and took the whisk from his hand. "Draco, are you trying to make breakfast the muggle way?"

Draco looked down at his feet and shrugged, "Maybe..."

Hermione's eyes widened as she smacked her hand to her forehead. "Draco! Draco, sweetheart, you can't do anything without magic. Why didn't you wake me up?" Draco kept his head down and muttered something. "What?"

Draco looked straight into Hermione's eyes. "I wanted it to be a surprise. You were drunk last night and I knew that you were going to have a hangover so I decided to make you breakfast as a surprise." He shook his head and tried to clean up his mess.

Hermione shook her head and ran to Draco to hug him. She then kissed him on the cheek. "You're so sweet. Look, how about we make breakfast together?" Draco nodded. "Alright then." She never thought that she, Hermione Granger, would call Draco Malfoy sweet.

Hermione slowly began to show Draco how to make the simple meal of pancakes and eggs, the muggle way. She taught him how to read the instructions on the box and what a measuring cup even looked like. She of course, made Draco mix the bowl of batter for the pancakes. She watched him mix the batter. He looked so concentrated.

Hermione suddenly had a memory flashback, like if hit her brain or something.

"Cormac, please stop! Help me!" Hermione found herself pushed all the way against the wall. Cormac's mouth was inches from her when his body was wrenched away from hers. She saw a streak of white blonde hair.

Draco had Cormac on the floor and was punching him. "You're fired! Do you hear me? Fired! I'll make sure that you don't find another job anywhere again! Do you understand me? You get near Hermione again and I'll kill you!" Draco let Cormac go and he went running from the party.

Draco ran over to Hermione and picked her up bridal style. He went over to Cher. "We'll talk about this later once I've calmed down." Cher looked as if she was about to cry. Draco apparated from the party to the manor. He carried Hermione up the stairs to her bedroom and put her down under the covers.

He pushed the hair out from her face and stared at her. Hermione's eyes were half open. "Goodnight Hermione." He leaned down and kissed her slowly on the forehead. He then disappeared from her room.

Hermione surged back into reality when she heard Draco calling her name. "Hermione, what do I do next?" Hermione got right back to work and continued to teach Draco how to make the breakfast.

Hermione apparated into Cher's apartment. "Cher? Cher, where are you?"

Cher emerged from her room. Her eyes were red rimmed. "Hermione!" Cher ran over and hugged her. "I'm so glad you're alright. I'm so sorry. It'll never happen again I swear."

"Cher, it's okay. I still love you. Can you please just tell me what happened last night?"

Cher shook her head and sat down on her couch. "Can we please not talk about last night? I just feel so horrible."

Hermione sat down next to her. "Cher, I already told you it's okay. Please, just tell what happened."

Cher sighed. "Fine. We were talking with Luna and you had a couple drinks too many. I didn't really notice because this really nice wizard asked me to dace with him. You then asked me to go home but I wanted to stay. You went and stood in a corner. That's when Cormac attacked you. If it hadn't been for Draco you, oh Hermione I'm so sorry! You should've seen his face Hermione. He looked so disappointed in me and he had every right to be. I've never felt so irresponsible in my life!"

Hermione hugged Cher. "I forgive you."

Hermione knocked on Draco's door. He opened it almost instantly. "Yes?"

Hermione blushed at the fact the Draco was only wearing pants at the moment. She attempted to keep her cool. "Um, I just wanted to, um, I just wanted to thank you for helping me last night. You know, um, for saving me." Hermione tried to keep her eyes on Draco's face but it just so damn hard.

Draco looked down as if he was embarrassed. "Um, it was no problem." He paused. "I'm sorry, I'm being rude. Would you like to come in?" He gestured to the inside of his bedroom.

Hermione felt her cheeks get even warmer. "Um, actually I was just, um, heading out. I just wanted to say thank you, you know, for everything."

Draco nodded and did something completely unexpected. He pulled her into a hug. That's when Hermione broke down. "Oh Draco, I just don't know what I would've done if you weren't there. Can you imagine all of the horrible things he could've done to me?" She buried her head into the crook of his neck.

"Hermione, it's going to be okay. I promise that he's not going to come near you again." He kissed her hair. She moved her head so she could see his face. He was leaning towards her as she was to him. Their lips were centimeters apart when Hermione's phone rang.

Hermione pulled away extremely fast and grabbed her phone. She pushed her hair out of her face. "Um, that's Cher. I, uh, I better go. Bye!" She turned and ran down the stairs. When she got to the bottom she leaned against a pole and took a deep breath. She almost kissed Draco! She suddenly remembered about her phone. "Hello?"