chapter 4

Chapter Four

Hermione walked into her office with a smile on her face. "What are you so happy about?" Hermione turned to face the person who questioned her. It was Cher.

"I just came back from taking care of the cutest little girl."

Cher smiled but then went serious. "What did she have?"

Hermione knew why Cher was asking. "Don't worry, it was nothing serious. She just broke her arm. I told her the story of Cinderella and that was it."

Cher smiled again. "Good. I'm sorry to bring down your spirits but aren't you moving to Mrs. Ferretface's manor today?"

Cher did bring down Hermione's spirit. That's all she needed, to be near Malfoy all the time. "Oh, I forgot. I might as well get going. I'll see you later."

Hermione knocked on the door as she waited outside of Astoria's manor. She really needed a piece of gum. She began to rummage through her purse looking for gum. She heard the door open; she didn't look up as she began speaking. "Hello Astoria, how are you? I-" Hermione had finally looked up from her bag to face the door. "Malfoy? What are you doing here?"

Draco, of course, was wearing his signature smirk. "Well, I live here. Where else would I be?"

Hermione's eyes widened. "You-you live here? Why?"

Draco rolled his eyes. "Well, because I live with my fiancée. Are you feeling okay Granger?"

Hermione scowled. "Great. Now I have to spend even more time with you. Where's Astoria?"

As if on cue, Hermione heard Astoria calling from the kitchen. "Drake! Please let Hermione in! If you don't mind, could you please show her to her room?"

Draco rolled his eyes again. "Yes Tori!" He looked back at me. "Come on Granger." Hermione burst out in laughter. Draco was glaring at her. "What's so funny?"

Hermione finally caught her breath. "Malfoy you-you, 'Yes Tori!'" Hermione imitated his voice. "If only Harry and Ginny could see you now!"

Draco grunted and grabbed Hermione by the arm. He dragged her upstairs and led her to her room. It was completely empty except for a bed in the middle. Hermione looked around and began to mutter a couple of spells. Instantly the room was an exact replica of her bedroom at her flat. She smiled.

"This is what your room looks like?" Hermione's room was purple with a queen size bed in the middle. There was a black bookshelf with many books in it. There was a black chandelier dangling from the ceiling. She also had a nightstand next to her bed with the new alarm clock Cher bought her. There were little hand made objects placed all around the room. They all pretty much had the same message on them, 'Thank You Miss Hermione! From insert name here.' These were all presents from the children Hermione had taken care of.

She turned to face Draco. "Yes Malfoy, this is what my room looks like. Is there a problem with it?"

He looked around the room and then zeroed his eyes on her. "No it's just that it's not the kind of room I would see you in. What's with all the hand made stuff?"

"What did you expect my room to look like? Did you expect it to have red walls with gold furniture and lions everywhere?" He nodded. She rolled her eyes. "All of the hand made stuff are gifts from the children I take care of."

Draco raised an eyebrow. "You take care of children?"

Hermione shook her head. "Oh never mind. Let's go! I don't want to keep Tori waiting." She grabbed his arm and dragged him down the stairs. She spotted Astoria and let go of Draco's arm.