Chapter 15

Today was the big day, the Malfoy-Greengrass wedding many people have been preparing and are all finally ready. Well, all except for one person. That person was Hermione Granger, the wedding planner. She was the complete opposite of ready. She was about to watch the man she was in love with marry another woman. I guess you could say she was heartbroken.

She was dressed in green, the color of jealousy . She hadn't planned it that way, it was just the color that Astoria had instructed her to wear. It just so happened to express the way she felt that day. She was currently standing outside of the closed tent that held the bride to be. She took a deep breath and walked in.

She was surrounded by the smell of perfume and by many, many flowers. Astoria was standing in front her full-length mirror, staring at her reflection. "Astoria, are you okay?"

She turned to face Hermione. Her eyes looked as though they have been holding back tears. "Oh Hermione, I just don't know if I can do it."

Hermione's eyes widened. "Merlin's pants, Astoria, what the bloody hell are you talking about?"

She shook her head and sunk onto the couch. "I've just been thinking about the future and I just don't know if I really want to spend the rest of my life with Draco. Do I really want to become Mrs. Malfoy?"

Hermione took very quick breaths. She composed herself and went to go sit with Astoria. "What happened in Paris, Astoria?" Suddenly Astoria found her feet very interesting. Hermione grabbed her hands. "What happened?"

Astoria faced Hermione. "Nothing happened. I'm just wondering if the path I'm taking is the one that's right for me. Draco is so sweet and kind, I love him so much."

It took all of Hermione's energy not to pull Astoria's hair out her head. "Then, what's the problem? If you love him then you should marry him."

Astoria diverted her eyes from Hermione to the floor. "You're right. I don't know what came over me." She looked back at Hermione. "Thanks for everything. I don't know what I would do without you." She gave Hermione a hug.

Astoria rose from the couch and smoothed out her wedding gown. She began to put the finishing touches onto her look. Hermione felt tears prick at the back of her eyes. "I'll go see if everything's ready outside. Do you need anything?"

"Could you please send my sister over? Thanks 'Mione." Hermione cringed at her old school nickname. She just nodded in response and left the tent. A tear escaped her eye and she quickly brushed it away before anyone could see it. Or so she thought.

"Hey, what's the matter?" Asked the new mother, Ginny Weasley-Potter.

Hermione smiled at her friend. "Nothing, I'm just happy that Astoria is having her happily ever after."

Ginny raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure that those tears have nothing to do with a certain blonde groom?"

Hermione put on a brave face. "Of course not, I'm extremely happy for Draco. He deserves this." She put on her most convincing smile.

Ginny thought about it for a second and was staring at Hermione. She sighed, "Alright, fine. You promise you're okay?"

Hermione gave her friend a firm nod. "I promise. I have so many things that I have to do, um, do you mind telling Daphne that Astoria's waiting for her?"

Ginny smiled. "Of course. Oh, this is going to be a beautiful wedding." With that, Ginny had left.

Hermione took in a deep breath. She waved her wand and her checklist appeared in front of her. The bride was practically ready, most of the guests had arrived, and everyone was in their place. Wait, where were Blaise and Draco? Hermione went to go look for the two wizards.

She walked past the groom's tent when she heard voices. "You made out with your wedding planner?" She paused and pressed herself as close to the tent as possible. It was times like these where she wished that she had the Weasley's extendable ears.

"Shush! I didn't make out with her, exactly."

"Draco, you said that you made it all the way to her bed. If that's not some heavy snogging, then I don't know what is."

There was a pause. "You don't understand, Blaise. I love Astoria but these past few weeks with Hermione have been amazing. I feel like she understands me better than anyone else. Do you think it's possible to love two people at once?"

"I don't think so, mate. You're going to have to pick one. Which witch is better for your future? Think about it, Astoria is gorgeous, a pureblood, and has a bloody lot of money. Hermione, though, is gorgeous, has a decent amount of money, but she doesn't exactly come from your ideal family."

Hermione didn't want to hear anymore of this. She chose that exact moment to walk into the tent. Draco and Blaise froze as she entered. Draco decided to attempt to be casual. "So Blaise, tell me about your trip."

Blaise scratched his head. "It was great, thanks for asking." Blaise turned towards Hermione. "Oh, Hermione, I didn't even realize that you had walked in."

Hermione ignored his poor attempt to act surprised at her arrival. "I just came in to ask if you boys were ready. The ceremony will be starting soon."

Both men nodded. Blaise spoke up, "We're ready, but I just wanted to ask you a couple things about my best man's speech. Would you walk with me?"

He held his arm out to Hermione and she took it. "Of course. Let's go." They left the tent, leaving Draco to think about the huge decision that he was about to make. When they made it outside, Hermione gave tips to Blaise about what to say for his speech. After they finished that they just began to have a normal conversation. "So, Blaise, tell me about your trip. Where did you go?"

Blaise looked down and rubbed his neck. "Well, um, you know, I went to many different places."

"Where did you stay the longest?"

"Um, Paris."

Hermione raised an eyebrow. "Paris? Did you run into Astoria while you were there?"

His eyes seemed to widen at the mention of Astoria's name. "Actually I did."

Hermione scrunched her eyebrows together. "That's funny, she didn't mention seeing you. I'll just ask her about it at the reception."

Blaise gave her a strange smile. "Yeah, you do that."

Blaise left and went to stand in his position. Every person was there except for Draco and Astoria. That's when Hermione realized that there was nothing that she could do to stop this wedding. She was going to watch Astoria walk down the aisle and become Mrs. Malfoy. Hermione's heart began to beat rapidly. She couldn't do this.

She ran to find Cher. She spotted her arguing with one of the caterers. "I already told you! There aren't supposed to be flavored jellybeans! Do you understand how embarrassing it'll be when people eat the jellybeans and taste earwax?"

Hermione grabbed Cher's arm. "Cher, do you mind if I speak to you for a quick moment?"

"What is it, Hermione?"

"The ceremony is about to start and I was wondering if you could take over from here on out?"

"What do you mean? Hermione, this is your account. I can't just take over. This wedding is huge!"

Hermione nodded. "I know and I'm really sorry. Please, just take over for me."

"Why can't you finish the wedding?"

"I've already done all of the work. I'm leaving to go visit my parents in Australia."

Cher's face went completely serious. "Wow, Hermione. I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't happening right in front of me."

"What are you talking about?"

"I can't believe that you are using your parents as an excuse to leave so that you won't have to see Draco marry Astoria."

"That's not true! How could you think that?"

"Fine, go ahead. I just can't believe that you're being this selfish. It's like you're in love with the him or something." Hermione was silent. "Oh merlin, you are." Before Cher could get another word in, Hermione had apparated.