Chapter 39

(I know it's been a while since I last updated, so here's a little bit of what happened in the last chapter, Mary got beat up by a group of girls at school (one of them being Zayn's ex gf o:) and so Mary comes home and Zayn sees the bruises and assumes it was Louis' fault. So Zayn helps clean her up but Louis calls and mary goes out with him and now we're caught up lol)

Mary's Pov

I tap my fingers on my thigh as Louis keeps driving. He looks so tensed and he's gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles look white. He took one quick glance at me when I got into the car and his demeanor completely changed.

And ever since then i have been waiting for him to say something but at the same time I've been dreading for the words to come out of his mouth. The tension is so thick between us that you can practically cut it with a knife and I am praying for this night to be over soon.

How did it get to this point where I am super anxious of what Louis has to say to me or what he's going to do? "I don't get it." He finally says.

"Get what?" I hum in response.

"I just don't get how you don't answer my phone calls or texts all day and now that I see you, you have a black eye and some scratches. What the fuck happened?"

"I-I-I-"

"Stop fucking stuttering dammit." He slams his hand onto the steering wheel and quickly parks the car alongside the road and I slightly flinch."Sorry, babe. I- you just had me worried all day." He says and turns to look at me. "I really care about you and I don't like seeing you hurt, look at you. Your gorgeous face is ruined." He grabs a hold of my my chin softly and tilts my head up so he can see it better. He leans in and kisses my eye, the action slightly hurts but I think it the cuttest thing ever. "What are people going to think?" He shakes his head and pulls away.

"What?"

"You should of used some cover up or whatever you girls use to  make imperfections go away." He says as he pulls onto the road again. "My ex girlfriend was a clumsy little thing and she always covered up her bruises." He says with a slight humor laced in his voice. "You should start doing that? We don't want people starring do we?"

"I guess not." I softly murmur and Louis then pulls into a nearby pharmacy.

"Give me cash." He extends his hand over.

"What for?" I ask while I grab my purse and rummage through it and hand hive twenty pounds.

"I'll be right back." He says as he grabs hold of the cash and leaves me in the car alone. Why would he want me to give him money and why did he stop here?

Almost fifteen minutes later Louis comes back with a small plastic bag and when he enters back into the car he hands me a small foundation bottle but not before i catch a glimpse of what else he has in the bag.

Condoms.

"You should start covering up your bruise and scratches." He says as he starts up the car again. i hesitantly open up the bottle and begin to dab on the make up. But my mind begins to reel has I wonder why he bought condoms.

Does he think we're going to end up doing it tonight? I'm not sure if I'm ready for that. I mean we've been together for two months now and I'm new to this whole relationship thing so I'm not sure how this goes. Do couples end up having sex this early in a relationship?

If my nerves weren't working on overdrive then they sure are now. "S-sso where are we going exactly?" I ask Louis as I notice that we're heading out of London.