Chapter 14 Sushi and Secrets

Mary's Pov

I was getting ready to go on my date with Louis. I still couldn't believe Zayn grabbed me like that. I do have slight bruises on my arm. They look a bit yellowish greenish color now. Evelyn insisted on dressing up a bit more for this date. I don't usually dress up this much and I fell a bit uncomfrotable. I stared at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a light brown pair of shorts and a white tee.

"I don't know about this Evelyn." I tell her as I smooth out my shorts.

"You look great." She beams. She fixes some fly aways and sprays it down. Evelyn made my hair into loose curls and pinned a few strands back. She wrapped the scarf around my neck and added a few more touches. "There all done." She glances at her watch. "He's going to be here any minute now. Come on put these on." She hands me a pair of sandals. I roll my eyes but put them on anyway. She turns me around to get a better look at me.

"What is that?" She points to my bruises on my arm.

"Nothing. I just accidently bumped myself into the wall..." I say while looking down at my black painted toe nails. Before she can respond the door bell rings and she leaves to answer it. I look myself over once more and I thinkk I actually look good. I hear Evelyn speaking softly and hear her walking up to my room.

"He's here and he looks oh so cute." I take a deep breath and smile. Lets see how this goes. I grab my leather jacket and my purse and walk out my room to the front door. Louis is dressed in a white buttoned down shirt that is nicely tucked into his black slacks. My breath hitches on my throat as he looks over me.

"Wow you look gorgeous."

"U-uhh t-thanks." I stutter. Damn. I mentally slap myself. I can't utter a coherent word with Louis being around.

"Shall we go?" I don't trust my mouth so I just nod. We drove until we end up at a sushi bar. The night is young and is fresh. The waitress shows us to our table. I can't help but notice the glances Louis and the waitress share, but I'm sure Louis is just being nice.

"So tell me how did you end up living with Malik?" I've notice he never cals him by his first name just his last name.

"I umm, my dad is um buissiness partners with Zayn's dad and my umm dad arranged for me to stay at his place meanwhile they come back on bussiness trip." I look over the menu and I feel like a total dumbass for not being able to speak normally.

"Oh so your rich as well?" Louis doesn't seem to to pleased about it.

"Uh yeah." I guess the california rolls sound delicious.

"So your one of those snobby rich kids huh?" What? I look up to him and I can't believe he said that.

"W-what no. I wasn't raised like that." What happened to nice, charming Louis?

"Sorry didn't mean to say it like that." He apologizes.

"it's fine." I mumble. We order our food and we begin to eat. We have small conversations. Just simple things. Like what he likes to do on his spare time and what his hobbies are. He keeps smiling at our waitress which keeps smiling at him. I feel a bit annoyed. we finish eating and Louis picks up the tab. I hear him mutter something about a rich girl not paying for food. But I'm not too quite sure if I heard it right so I shrug it off. Our waitress cashes us out but not before slipping a white paper to Louis and she winks at him. Do girls not know boundaries?

"Sorry bout that." He crumples up the paper and puts in his pocket. "No trash cans around and I don't like to litter." He smugly says.

"Okay." We walk down the street his arm in snaked around my waist. I shiver as the cold air night whips by. I put on my black leather jacket but my legs are still cold. I shouldn't of wore shorts today. We walk in an awkward sillence. This is the first date I ever been with a guy and it's going I don't know... weird.

I take a look around the scenery. There's a lot of people walking and talking. Some couples are holding hands and smiling. There's different colored lights coming from the various resturaunts here.

"Such a wonderful night isn't it?" Louis breaks my train of thought.

"Yeah." I agree with him.

"It's so beautiful just like you." I blush at what he says. Nobody has ever called me beautiful well apart from my dad.

"T-thanks." I stutter.

"Do you always stutter like that?" He asks.

"N-no." I clear my throat. "Uh no. I don't I guess I'm just nervous." I look down at my toes.

"It's cute" He swipes a loose strand behind my ear and my breath hitches. I feel my cheeks burn. How does this boy have this affect on me? His thumb is softly place on my chin and he makes me look into his gorgeously blue eyes. I feel his hot breath as he leans in closer to me. He lightly presses his lips to mine. My heart begins to beat rapidly. He cups my face and presses his body to mine. He lightly bites my bottom lip and I let out a little moan.

"Wow." He presses his forehead onto mine. I smile.

"Yeah."

Zayn's Pov

I've been giving myself a hard time ever since I grabbed Mary like that. I shouldn't of done that. I hope she's able to forgive me. Why do I have to be so stupid. Why.

And if me being a complete asshole wasn't enough she's out there with Louis. When she's supposed to be here.

"How are things going Zayn?" I hear the mocking ton of Penelope. I haven't seen her over a month. She's standing next to my open window.

"Don't you ever knock or something?"

"Why should I? I mean I can appear anywhere I want so what's the point?" She shrugs and takes a seat down on my bed. "Zayn when will you ever learn?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your temper Zayn. You let the worst get a hold of you. You've been making such great progress with Mary and you do this." I swear if she could kill me with her glare I will be dead by now.

"It's more harder than you think. How do I just change?!"

"Don't tell me about hard. You just have to have someone fall in lo-"

"God this isn't a fairy tale where everything works out for the best. Oh Yeah the big jerk changes his way because a lovely beautiful girl shows him how to. News flash this is the real world and shit doesn't have happy endings."

"At least you don't have to spend all of eternity alone Zayn. I do!" For the first time she's aggravated and I think I see sadness in her ice blue eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I guess I have to tell you my story now." She let's out a sigh.

A/N I know I was supposed to update yesterday and I am so so sorry. I had immence writers block and I have to study for my test tomorrow and I know this chapter sucks and I am really sorry. I'll try to go back to regular updates on Sundays I promise and I'll try to make the chapters better (: pray that I get at least a B+ on this test lol.

Sorry if this chapter sucks and there's a lot of errors lol

Mary's outfit on the side or above it minus the sun glasses and watch lol