Chapter 16 Roof Tops and Lockets

Zayn's Pov

Days have gone by and Mary hasn't spoken to me. I tried calling her and texting her but she doesn't reply back. She must truly hate me now; even more than before. Even I hate myself. I lay on my bed with my arms folded underneath my head. I gaze up towards my ceiling trying to I don't know to think I guess.

I let out a heavy sigh. What am I supposed to do now? How am I supposed to fix this? I reach into my pocket and pull out the locket. I open it and I re-read the inscription and look over the picture. For days now I been starring at the locket for days now. I want to know who this family is and where this locket came from.

This locket brought up memories from my mum. It makes me think where she is right now, what's she doing and what kind of life she has now.

"I see you still have that locket. I would of thought you would give it to the rightful owner by now." Penelope's voice reaches to me from across the room. She's leaning against the wall with her leg propped against the wall and her arms are crossed. She has a bag slinged across her torso. There's a smile smile plastered on her face and her ice blue eyes sparkle underneath the bedroom lights.

I sit up on my bed and close the locket and put it back into my pocket. "Do you know who it belongs to?" I ask. There's a slight smirk on her face and she shakes her head.

"Nope."

"Yeah you do." I retort. She knows who it belongs to and she won't tell me. "Just tell me." I plead. She shakes her head and smiles.

"You'll find out soon enough." She smirks. "You've been thinking about your mum huh?" She suddenly asks.

"H-how did you know?" I don't know if she's asking because she trying to change the conversation.

"Do you forget that I'm a-"

"Yeah yeah yeah you're witch." I interrupt her  and she rolls her eyes and smiles.

"Do want to know what's she's up too?" She asks.

I furrow my eyebrows and cross my arms together. "How?" I mean I don't know where she is or if she's even alive."

"I have ways Zayn. Don't you worry that pretty bald head of yours." She teases.

"Funny." I chuckle. She opens up her bag and pulls out a silver antique mirror.

"Here." She hands it over to me and I grab a hold of it. There's a small angel at the base of the mirror.

"This is a mirror." I say of matter-of-fact.

"Yes but this is my mirror. And things that are mine aren't ordinary. This mirror." She points to it. "I had it since I was human in the 1800's the only thing I have from that life. And this mirror is enchanted. "

"Enchanted you say? How does it work." I ask her.

"Close your eyes." I do as she says. "And think about the person you want to see." My mind wanders to Mary and not my mum.

"Hmm didn't expect that." Penelope says. I open my eyes and glance at the mirror. There she is. Mary is in her room holding that picture frame. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this.

"This is like invasion of privacy." I say.

"Yeah it could be but it comes handy sometimes. Now close your eyes and think about your mum. The person you really want to see." I do as she says and I open my eyes again. In the mirror is my mum. She looks so much different. She in a kitchen with a rag over her shoulder. She has a light pink shirt on and her hair is tied into a loose ponytail. Is she alone?