36: Like Always

So this is getting close to being over, but there's still stuff that needs to happen. I'm thinking there will be five or six more chapters, but I'm not quite sure how I want to organize it all yet. Anyway, I feel like I'm just trying to postpone the ending because I kind of hate how it ends, but it's what I planned so I'm not changing it (lol I hate the ending myself but it started with an alright scene MCR yay). Besides, it needs to end this way to have the Andley sequel/spinoff thing make any sense. I'll stop rambling now since I know y'all just want to read the story and not listen to me spout my bullshit. Enjoy! -Lily
___________________________

It was a couple days before Christmas and Vic and I were officially married. It didn't seem quite real, but it was. I'd never expected to get married, but once I was I was overjoyed. Vic and I had dragged Mike, Tony, Jaime, and Andy to the city hall with us and then brought them back to our place to have a mini Christmas. We kept our own last names to make it easier. Besides, neither of us really cared about last names. We just cared about each other. 

"I was expecting wedding cake," Andy said. He was lounging on our couch, his feet propped up on the coffee table and his hands interlocked behind his head.  His crystal blue eyes twinkled with their usual playfulness.  "Is that the only reason you came?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"That's the only reason any of us came," Jaime said, looking pointedly at me. 

"Don't be rude to my baby," Vic said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and kissing my jaw.  I smiled and cuddled closer to his side, nuzzling his neck.  Vic gently lifted my chin and captured my lips with his, gently sucking on my bottom one.  I slid my hand up to his chest and he cradled my cheek.   "Alright, cool it with the PDA," Mike said, shaking his head disgustedly. Vic held up a finger and kept kissing me. He bit my bottom lip gently and tugged on it as he pulled away. I looked over to see Mike covering Tony's eyes, still shaking his head at us. Andy was grinning like an idiot. He might've been more excited about our marriage than Vic and I were.

"So are we doing this whole Christmas thing or what?" Tony asked, gesturing at the small pile of presents that we had accumulated in the corner. Andy whooped and got up. He started grabbing presents and handing them out to people. "Ho ho ho, merry Christmas, fuckers," he said cheerfully.

"Merry Christmas, bitch," I said as he handed me mine. Andy grinned at me and lightly punched my shoulder. We sat around the living room, opening presents. Andy seemed especially pleased with the Batman merchandise that I had gifted him. I was surprised to see that there was no present for me from Vic, but, then again, I hadn't gotten him anything either. I had other plans. Cue the maniacal laughter. 

After Tony had opened the last present, a massive stuffed turtle from Mike, Vic stood up. "Well, I've got a different present for you, mi amor," he said, pointing at me. "I'll be right back." He pecked my lips before disappearing into our bedroom for a minute. "If he comes out naked I swear to God," Andy muttered.  My eyes widened with horror at the thought.  If it had been just Vic and myself I wouldn't have minded, but in our current situation I would not have approved. When Vic returned, however, he was not naked, but he was holding an acoustic guitar.

Vic sat down on the couch between me and Andy, turning to face me a little bit. "So I-uh-I wrote you a song," he said nervously. "It's okay if you don't like it, but I-um-hope you do." He paused to clear his throat before starting to sing. "As we wake up in your room,
Your face is the first thing I see.
The first time I've seen love
And the last I'll ever need."  

His voice was beautiful like an angel's.  It had that certain raspiness that made it unique and I swear it was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard.  A lump formed in my throat and tears welled up as I listened to him sing.  His eyes remained locked on mine as he sang the last few lines.  "'Cause there's faith in love."  I couldn't keep the grin off my face as the note filled the room.  Vic set the guitar down and I immediately leaned over and hugged him tightly.  "Baby, that was beautiful," I said, hiding my face in his neck.