1.4

*one week later*

Incoming video call from cliffo96

"Michael it's like 5am why are you calling me." I groan, ensuring the camera is switched off so he doesn't see my bed hair.

"Thought you might like to meet someone." He smirked through the screen.

"Who the heck would I want to meet at 5 in the morning?"

"Oh I don't know... Derek?"

I'm instantly more awake, and use my dark screen as a mirror to ensure i look ok before turning the camera on.

"Michael. If you're fucking with me..." I start, but am interrupted by Mikey shouting 'Hey DiScanio, get over here!'.

My eyes widen as I realise what he's doing. Derek fucking DiScanio is about to be on my fucking phone screen. Talking. To me.

"What's up man?" A familiar American voice questions out of sight. Michael turns around so Derek is in the shot, and I have to stop myself from squealing.

"Say hi to Nova, dude." Michael grins cheekily. Derek doesn't do anything for a second as he just looks at Michael's screen, before saying "hi!". I awkwardly wave into the camera, and genuinely want to hurt myself for being such an idiot.

"Hi Derek, oh my god, um, I just want to say that your music is freaking amazing. I saw you in London in November and you were so great. I didn't get to meet you but hopefully I will in October when I see you in Kingston!" I ramble on, and both Michael and Derek chuckle. Suddenly, Michael moves out of the shot and its just Derek and I talking.

After I stop fangirling and talk to him like a normal human being, it's like we've known each other for years. We talk about so many things, like US hockey and British football (or soccer, as he would say), Warped Tour and UK music festivals. At one point we're even talking about chocolate chip cookies.

After about half an hour, I hear an all-too-familiar voice in the background, and I start to panic.

"I, um, Derek, I've got to go. I'll um, get Michael to give you my Twitter. Bye." I instantly hang up, and a tear escapes my eye. I hadn't heard his voice properly since Wembley and I miss it so much. Even just hearing him say "hey guys" in the background has broken me to pieces.

With tears falling down my cheeks at a rapid pace, I hide my face in my pillow, allowing the sobs to shake through my body like tremors.

At 6am, I finally fall back to sleep.

///

wow that ending was lame

Plus I gained like 150 reads today wth thank you