2.7

"You're so lame, you know that?" I tell Luke as he lays on the floor laughing. He was trying to take his skin-tight jeans off while standing up, and, well, you can guess how that ended up.

"Shut up." He grumbles.

"Loser. I'm going to go and get a couple of bottles of water from downstairs, ok?" I tell him, giggling slightly before leaving the room.

Of course, I don't tell him my real plan.

Tapping my knuckles against the painted wood of room 605, I sigh. I need to be there for Michael but I can't do that if he won't talk to me.

I hear sniffling from behind the door, but nobody answers.

"Michael, I can hear you in there. If you don't answer the door I'm just going to come in anyway, because I know you didn't lock the door.

No answer.

"Fine, I'm coming in." I huff, and slowly push open the door.

" Michael?" I ask, before spotting him wrapped up in his duvet.

"Mikey, what's wrong?" I frown, stepping towards the bed and sitting in the space beside him.

"I-I, it doesn't matter." He sighs, rolling over so he's facing away from me. I roll my eyes, something that seems to happen whenever Michael tries to brush his feelings off as though they're meaningless.

"Yes, it does. Something is obviously wrong." I manouver myself beneath the covers, which makes him roll over.

"What are you-"

"Shut up." And he does. I wrap my arms around him, and he tenses slightly before returning the gesture.

"I don't know what's wrong. I know you won't tell me, but I'm here for you. I love you, you loser." I smile at him, and he sighs before pressing his face into my neck. I grin and cuddle my best friend so tightly, knowing that this is exactly what he needs.

"Well I'm in love with someone who's in love with one of my best friends, for a start." He mumbles, but I hear every word clearly. I pull back slightly, looking into his eyes.

"Y-you're in love, with, me?" I whisper, not quite believing the words. The sad look in his eyes returns, and he nods. I instantly get out of the bed, stepping away from Michael.

"What?!" I whisper-shout.

He quickly follows me out of the bed, and he's soon standing in front of me, his face inches away from my own.

"Can you blame me? At least I know about your past, when you haven't told Luke a single thing!" He exclaims.

I look down to the ground, unsure of what to say. Of course he's right, I haven't told Luke anything, and I'm supposed to be in love with him. What's wrong with me?

Tears fill my eyes, and when Michael tilts my head up with his fingers on my chin, he sighs when he sees them.

"Shit no, Nova, don't cry. Fuck, I'm sorry." He gathers me into his arms, and the tears start falling faster.

"I'm sorry too." I manage to say before the sobs start making my body shudder against him.

"I'm so sorry, baby. It's okay, I'm an asshole." He whispers into my hair, and my sobs get harder.

***

Walking slowly back to Luke and I's room, I think about what just happened; what Michael told me, and what we did after I stopped crying. I quickly ran down to the lobby and grabbed four bottles of water, to make it seem like I did what I told him I was going to do.

"Took you long enough, geez." Luke chuckles as push open the door. I grin at him all curled up under the covers, and make my way over to him.

"Sorry, Michael was down there too and we ended up talking." I tell him. Technically, I'm not lying. I did talk to Michael.

"Aw it's alright, don't worry. Now come here, I'm cold." He pouts jokingly, flipping the duvet up to allow me to get in.

I do so quickly, and I'm soon cuddled up to the boy that would probably risk his life for me.

What have I done??

///

Two updates in one day, go me!

And it's my 19th birthday today haha:')