Allie

Allie and Polan were finally going on a normal, not life threatening, not political, not dangerous, date.

They walked to the Cafeteria holding hands like most couples, ordered a larger ice cream to share, and dug in.

Polan was suddenly free this afternoon, so he asked Allie if she would want to get something to eat, so they decided it was time for a real date.

Allie was desperately trying to get a corner of the bowl that still had some chocolate in it. Polan wasn't joining in. In fact, Polan had been quite quiet the whole time they were here.

"Hey, P. What's bothering you? Is it Alfie?" Allie was still a bit hung up over losing Alfie, but they had search and rescue teams being deployed looking for him. Polan had other ideas on what Greyland should do. He was on some kind of mission.

Polan looked her in the eyes. "Ahhh, I dunno. I left my job today. I am no longer Lieutenant Polan."

Allie choked on a cherry she had just swallowed. She grabbed a napkin and spit the cherry out. "WHAT!??! But you are the coolest at your job! Why ever step down?"

"Allie... People died because of my actions as Lieutenant."

Allie suddenly felt bad for being so eager and yelling like she did. "None of our friends died. And Qar killed the President, not you. You cannot hold yourself responsible for the other deaths."

"And what about you Allie? What did releasing Alfie accomplish? He was captured because of it, and those fires could have hurt bystanders. We shouldn't be leading this place." Polan looked glumly at the ice cream Allie had demolished.

Allie was taken aback. What had caused Polan to think like this? This was not the Polan she recognised.

"Did the adults talk to you?" She said empathetically.

Polan nodded. "They say we caused the General's death, and that we have no right leading this place. You remember the guy in Roger's lab yesterday?"

Allie said yes, but she wasn't sure. She thought she saw multiple people in Roger's lab.

"He's in the group called CHECK. They want to be in control of C.S.Z. Boston."

"Don't they realize how much damage was done when adults were in charge?" Allie pointed out. She had been told of how in the the first two months on C.S.Z.'s creation the adults decide to attack the Mayor of Boston. That attack nearly blew C.S.Z.'s cover and almost killed everyone.

"They say we have caused more destruction in a short period of time than they ever could in two months." Polan said grimly.

"Have we?"

"Yeah, I don't know."

Allie looked at Polan, still not believing why or how he was talking this way.

"Well that's not for us to worry about right now. It is on for the next part of our date."

Polan looked up. "What?"

"Let's check out the surface."