Nightmares [01]

The memory was still fresh and was easy to recall.

That one night that Wendy Darling had encountered the one and only Peter Pan. The Peter Pan that would appear in bedtime stories and take children to a place call Neverland. A magical land where children don't grow up and can stay a kid forever while playing alongside with the lost boys and running away from the famous Captain Hook.

The word grow up was never mentioned in this proclaimed setting. It was forbidden.

That one magical night Wendy experienced was absolutely perfect. It was a night where all her worries were forgotten and the first time in forever, she was care free from adulthood.

In fact, it was the one night that her father allowed her to stay a night inside the nursery, allowing her to take a small break, letting her become a kid again.

"Take that!"

A yell sounded, followed by a clash of a toy sword.

"No, you take that!"

Another voice mocked.

The Darling children were investing their play time by darting around the room, bouncing from place to place, all while enacting a sword fight against each other.

" Have you had enough, girlie?!"

John, the middle child teased between the clanks of his and Wendy's sword. A clear smirk was glazed upon his face.

"Who are you to be to calling me girlie!"

Wendy teases back as John took a step forward, swinging his sword by his sister's head. Luckily, she reacted quick enough and her noggin was missed by centimeters.

"Oh, so that's how we're playing?"

The eldest girl recovered from the swing but was then again met with another one, this time appearing not so lucky.

A crash from the bookcase echoed and a mudslide of books came tumbling down onto the poor girl's head as she desperately tried to cover herself from the tumbling paperbacks.

"Ow, John!"

A pout came after the outcry but it was soon filled with a rather unset expression. However, the female hid the small smile that was soon creeping onto her lips.

The boy panicked and quickly dropped his sword, running up to the female and immediately started to spill out an apology.

"Wendy! Oh no, I'm so so so sorry I didn't mean to! I-"

He was soon cut off for he had been "killed" by his accompanies, Michael and Baelfire. The betrayers had snuck behind him and stuck their little swords in between John's arm.

"Hehe, Got you! You're dead."

The youngest of the bunch cheered followed by the two eldest in the room.

Laughter was soon filled throughout the small nursery as Wendy too joined in the fun and gently tapped John on the head to finish him off.

"Ha! Now you're old, alone, and done for Hook!"

The female chanted in joy while the middle child made a fake cry, pretending to be impacted by the blow.