Chapter 2 - Threat? or a Promise?

Melony woke up confused. She didn't know where she was. All she could see was a small pond beyond a window. She jumped out of bed and found her clothing at her feet. She almost screamed until she realized it was only her shoes and the button up shirt that was off. She hurridly put them on walked to the end of the bed. To her relief she found Chres on teh couch watching the news. He turned towards her, but turned back away and changed the channel. Melony knew why. They were searching for her. Her picture was all over the news.

"What did it say? What did it say about me?" She gulped and looked out the window.

"On the news? Oh nothing...just your name, height, weight, picture. You know from carrying you yesterday I would have never guessed you were 125 lbs at 5'5 I would have guessed maybe 110, tops. Either the news is lying, or you lost weight."

She froze, 'He carried me?'

Melony went to sit by him,"You carried me?"

"Yeah. Our boring gossip put you to sleep. I tried to put you in your room, but your door was locked."

"Oh. Well my key will always be in my back pocket. For future reference." Now it was Chres's turn to freeze. He would never touch her in that way. To get keys or not.

"Well thank you for letting me sleep in your room."

"No problem."

"Well if you'll excuse me, I think I need to change."

Chres looked down,"Me too."

Melony rushed to her room. She opened the dresser and threw on a dark purple shirt and some  darkwashed skinny jeans. She didn't really need to re-apply make-up so she just untangeled her curls with her hands, like usual.

She walked into the kitchen to find Chres and Will mumbling to eachother. Once her foot touched the tile Chres 's head snapped around to look at her. He turned back to will and hushed him. He was acting weird.

"Good morning." Melony nodded.

"Morning!" Will returned the greeting.

"Good morning." Chres mumbled.

"Chres, you sure I cannot tell her?" Will mumbled.

"She doesn't need to know, Will. Now drop it." Chres growled

"Doesn't need to know what?" Melony raised an eyebrow.

Chres looked at her with stern eyes,"Nothing. Do you want breakfast?"

"Yes please." Melony breathed. Chres got up and walked to the fridge.

"Are waffles okay?" Chres looked over his shoulder.

"That's fine." Melonyforced a smile.

"I swear, zat boy is odd. I cannot see why yous aren't allow to hear about what he sayed to me. It somet'ing you should know." Will tapped his finger and looked around.

"Could you tell me? Please?" Melony's eyes were pleading.

"I suppose. But what I get out of it, not'ing." Will sighed.

"Why?"

"Yous may agree." Will looked up at her through his nicely combed hair that was now hanging over his face.

"Oh," Chres was still confused.

Melony looked down at her fingers that were mocking Will's tapping. She took a deep breath and leaned towards Will.

"You will tell me later, won't you?" Melony whispered.

Will turned around quickly to make sure Chres wasn't listening. He nodded quickly then leaned back casualy in his chair. Chres did the same.