Chapter 4- Who shot me?

Chres reacted immediatly and sprinted into the forest. Without even knowing, he grabbed Melony and pulled her along with him.

"Mel, who was that?"

"My mother. Just run!"

The two of them continued to flee into the forest, leaving the humming car behind.

they ran for at least two minutes into the forest.

"We have to split up. You'll be alright." Chres promised. He raised his hand to push Melony's dakr curls out and away from her forhead. He stepped closer, looked down at her and smiled. What happened in the next ten seconds seemed to go in slow motion. Chres leaned in and pressed his soft lips against her cold forehead.

"Okay," Melony managed to say during her stage of utter confusion.

Chres backed away from Melony and smiled. He rubbed her as a quick comforting gesture, then ran into the dark forest. "Be careful!" Melony shouted before Chres was too far away to hear. There was a ruffle of leaves then a pause.

"I will! And don't talk, your mother will hear you! Meet me back at the motel before the sun rises!" he replied  repiled a few seconds late, whice felt like hours, making Daisy sigh in relief.

Melony smiled to herself. She stood in the same spot until reality came crashing back to her. 

She decided to head off deeper into the woods. She tried to keep her mind off of the fact that her raging mother could be following her and try to kill her or take her home at any moment. She ran for as long as her legs would take her, but stopped once they started to ache. A churning feeling in her stomach took over her. The feeling that someone was watching her.

Melony began to hum Marvins Room to comfort her. Ever since she seperated herself from Chres, she would hum that song and somehow be connected to him. it was their in a way song. She began to hum the song in hope the awkward feeling in her stomach would go away. It didn't. 

"Melony," a low voice cooed her name.

The voice made Melony jump and her heart rate uncreased,"Who- who's there?"

No answer.

A twig snapped from somewhere behind her.

"Why only mommy dearest, darling.

Melony spun around only to face her mother. Her skin was far more paler than she had ever seen. And it wasn't thanks to the glowing moonlight. The fake, California style tan was gone.

"M-mom?" Melony whimpered.

"Not for long. How could you leave me? i have guys blowing up my phone asking when your going to do the job." her mother spat.

"I-I don't know," Melony  looked down at her feet. Her muscles were tense and shaking.

"Yeah right. I saw you with a boy. Explain that, you little slut."

"He's my friend." 

"Wrong answer! The only men you'll need in your life for a long time is the ones who pay me for your serves ! No stop your complaining and follow me to the car."

Melony  gulped,"No."

"Don't question me. Just listen."

"No, mom! I'm old enough to live on my own. I want to stay here. And I will NOT sell my body for your drug money."

"Fine. You know I really didn't want to do this, Melony " Her mother, Kait sighed as she pulled out her gun,"This could have worked out. I could have learned to love you again."