Race Against Time

Jamie is up there ! 😁🔝🔝🔝
"She's in labor!" I heard Yolanda yell. Everything went quiet as the girls came rushing over to me.

I was in serious pain. The contractions were coming faster and harder each time. I was praying to God that I don't have an at home labor without epidural.

"We have to get her to the hospital! It's just down the street, get her up,"

I was being lifted and walked out of the house.
As we got on the elevator, I began to grunt as another contraction came through. It hurt like hell, I don't know how people do natural birth.

The elevator stopped and we got into the car.

"Call my brother!" I managed to say over the pain.

"Why? You don't need your brother, I'm here," Michael said, sitting beside me.

"YOU GET THE HELL OUT NOW!" I yelled. He looked at me confused.

"This is my baby too. I want to see my-"

I interrupted him by letting out a huge scream of pain.

"GET...OUUUUTTTT!"

"Get out, Michael. We need to get her to the hospital! Get out!" Yolanda said. I heard the door open and close. Then the car began to move.

"Rick! You need to come down to the hospital! She's in labor!" I heard Riley say over the phone.

Rick was the only person who could calm me down during any situation. I needed him.

I focused on my breathing and tuned everything else out. I'm pretty sure that the baby was crowning, I could feel it.

"UGHHHHHH!" I yelled.

"Hold on! We are pulling up!" Yolanda said. She pulled the car over and ran out. Soon enough, nurses and doctors came out and lifted me out of the car.

I was put into a cart and rushed into the hospital. The bright lights blinded me as my cart was being rolled down the halls. I felt the doctor put his fingers in between my legs and his eyes bulged.

"She's crowning! We have no time for any epidural! Get her to delivery room NOW!" 

"Wait! NO NO NO! WHY CANT I GET EPIDURAL!" I shouted.

"Because you're crowning! It takes at least an hour for the epidural to kick in, you have no time!" A nurse explained.

I entered a room and was pushed up against a wall. I yelled through another contraction and breathed.

"I NEED RICK!" I shouted.

"You're having this baby, I can't get you-"

"GIVE ME RICK.... NOW!" I yelled, cutting her off. She sighed and went off to go get him.

My body was being hooked up to the machines as the nurses rushed around me. Everything was making my head spin and I could feel a cold sweat coming on. I looked up to see the doctor with Yolanda instead of Rick.

"Rick isn't here yet, but I will be here with you," she said. I nodded and fell back onto my pillow. The doctor positioned himself between my legs and pulled off my pants.

"Alright, on the count of three, you're going to have to push,okay?"

I nodded and grabbed the sides of the bed. My feet were lifted and my legs were spread.

"1...2....3, push!"

I pushed as hard as I could for the ten second countdown. It feels like I'm constipated only the poop has a heart. It hurts...so bad.