World War III

I looked at the entrance and took a deep breath. It had been a while since I was last here and police tape was still everywhere.

"Cmon, you can do this," I heard Jamie say.

I nod my head and walk through the door. It was exactly how I last remembered it. Glass was broken everywhere, blood trails were still on the floor. Memories came rushing back to me all at once and I could feel myself fade away, a bit.

"Woah, cmon. It's over," Yolanda whispered. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up the stairs into our bedroom.

I had never seen the bedroom since I was locked in that basement and walking into it, was disgusting. The bed was torn up with pillow feathers everywhere. There were fingerprints on the glass door leading out to the balcony. Condoms lie on the floor and in the bed. There was food everywhere, dishes piling up, and bras and panties all over the floor.

And they weren't even mine.

Yolanda and Riley grabbed my bags and they began throwing all my clothes into them. I walked over to the dresser and rummaged through some things until I eventually found it.

The photo album.

I flipped through it to find the one before everything took a wrong turn. The day we were at that restaurant and I told him I was pregnant. I was in a blue dress and my hair was done all nice. I hated that restaurant, but it was our first date.

We looked happy.

I eventually found it and stuffed it in my pocket. Mickey deserves to know what his dad looks like.

"Did you get the shampoo?" Riley asked.

"Oh, let me get that," she said and walked out of the room.

"Taylor, I know you're looking for a job right now, but Michael had to have had some type of small stash. Do you know where it is?" Riley suggested.

I thought it over and my mind clicked. He always kept this locked up box in the night stand. I pulled it out and threw it at the wall. Credit cards bursted out of it and I picked it all up.

"He was holding out," Riley said, laughing.  I stuffed them into the bags just as Yolanda came in with my hair stuff.

"Alright, money, clothes, hair stuff, and makeup. Do you need anything else?"  She asked.

"Actually...yeah..I need the stuff from Mickeys room," I said.

👣👣👣👣👣👣👣

I arrived back at Tyler's house fully stocked with all of my belongings. From Mickey's room, we grabbed the crib, cradle, toys, and his clothes. Over all, it was a lot to carry into his house. Of the the cameramen caught it all again. I wonder what they are going to be say about me this time.

After settling everything in, I hopped in the shower and put a pair of sweats. I had to find a job as soon as possible. The meeting that I had with Michael's mother an her attorney was leaving me in the gutter. It's been on my mind all day, on repeat.

"She doesn't have a job, a home, or any food to feed the baby," she exclaimed.

Those were her exact words. The fact that it was so easily said and true, hit me hard. She did insult me plenty of other times, but that one really struck.

What am I doing with my life?

"TYLER!" I yelled from downstairs. He didn't respond.

"TYLERRR!" I yelled louder. Then I heard a door and running down the stairs.