Life's a Bitch

(a month and a half later)

I woke up and looked at Mickey in Tyler's arms. He must've been crying last night, but I was knocked out. I had picked up some extra hours at the gas station I was working at. People were always coming and going because the gas station had the cheapest gas.

It's a lot of work, honestly. Yesterday, there was a fight between customers over who took the station first. I barely made it out alive, since they were both black and ghetto as hell. It was a long day.

I got up and walked down the stairs to listen to my lawyer's voice mail. She had called me at 10 last night, but at that time I breaking up the fight, so I let it go to voicemail. I pushed the button on my phone and put it on speaker.

"I assume you're at work right now, which is fine. The fact that you've gotten a job is great which can give us some lineage, so DO NOT lose that job. I know you've been working there for about three weeks, but stay on your bosses good side. It's crucial. Ms. Davis is trying to trample you in the dirt and I'm not going to lie, she's on top right now. Anyway, you got a court hearing Tuesday at 4. Don't be late and look presentable...Until then, try to stay out of the press,"

The call ended.

It's been a long month between going back and forth to the court and taking care of Mickey. The only thing that has been keeping me going is the fact that she isn't taking Mickey away from me. He's all I have besides Tyler and we aren't even official. To be honest, i don't know what our little "family" is.

I walked over to the computer with a cup of coffee and searched up my name. Surely, my bell boy has been doing his job every week.

How?

Brooklyn Bell Boy

Taylor Davis is now a working female for the sake of her son. She'd be considered a black independent woman if it wasn't for the stunner glued to her. He seems to be around for her every failure and accomplishment since the attempted divorce. Yes ladies and gentlemen.... ATTEMPTED. Insiders tell us that Michael didn't sign the divorce papers. To be exact, he ripped them up and sent them back. How tragic is that? Not only is Taylor fighting for her son, but this marriage brings her a step back, setting her up for failure.

I mean, you never know what could happen. The stunner she has could just pop the question any time...Her only problem is that she's still legally married.

How's that gonna work out?

I closed the page, aggravated as hell. First off, Tyler and I aren't even that close, even though I wish we were. It's all about off bull.

I turned around only to nearly jump out of the chair. Tyler was sitting behind me on the coffee table, his green eyes piercing into mine.

"Jesus christ... how long have you been there?" I asked, setting the cup down.

"Stop reading that dudes page," he said softly. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I can't help it," I said simply. I really couldn't.

"I don't understand. Every time you read that, you get this look in your eyes that I don't like," he stated. I frowned and looked at him, my head tilted a bit.

"You're worried about me?" I asked him. He frowned at me for a moment and his gaze dropped to the floor. He started wringing his hands in a weird way, like he was holding something back.

"What is it?" I asked him, rolling myself closer to him. He looked at me with frustration in his eyes and shook his head.

"Nothing... what do you want for breakfast?" he asked, jolting up. I back up and watched him hurry away.