Chapter one; The Hunter Hayes Concert

"Maybe I was unclear... I am not going to jump off the roof Austin." I stomp my foot on the roof of the shed. Austin sighed, but I kept my ground.

"Oh come on! Don't be a baby!" My cousin tries to play the baby card.

"I rather be a baby than die." I snapped and he chuckled lowering his head. The warm summer winds blew once more as the sun gently glided behind the thick woods. I glare over edge of the roof, staring down eight feet away from the safety of the ground.

"Come on... do it for me? I swear I won't ask for anything else." He tried to portray sad puppy eyes but it miserably failed. I shove him playfully, a frown slightly curving my lips.

"Your an idiot, you know that?"

"Thanks, I'll take it as a compliment." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Come on in kids! Dinner is here!" My grandma hollered from behind her screen door that lead to the backyard.

"Comin!" I got up from sitting on the shed's roof and walked over to the edge. Austin went ahead and jumped down landing on his feet . I swallowed my 'fear' and jumped off the roof. I really wasn't terrified, just I was to freaking lazy to do it!

"See, now that wasn't to hard now was it?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Smart ass." I smirked then hit his chest with the back of my hand playfully.

"Owwe, somebody has been going to her boxing lessons!" He began to rub his chest in the spot that I hit him and I tried to hide the smirk that wanted to be released.

We went up the blue wooden stairs and walked into my grandparents house. I smelled the fried chicken that my grandpa picked up from KFC and my chops were instantly drooling.

"Alright, lets say grace."

While my grandma was praying, I was thinking of all the summer weekends and weeks I would come over here and play man hunt with Austin and some other friends. I remember that one time I came up for at least two weeks, and every day of those two weeks Austin came over to hang out.

After my grandma said "Amen", the back door swung open and my older brother, James, stumbles in panting like a crazy man.

"Hey.... Everyone....." He kept gasping for air while he was speaking.

"What happened to you? Did you see a bug?" I teased and Austin chuckled a little.

"Ha ha ha, funny." He said sarcastically adding, "I heard that Hunter Hayes is coming to the Colonial Life Arena this upcoming Saturday and I got us tickets to see him."

It took a mere few seconds before it fully registered what James just said. A high pitched shriek coos out of my mouth and I dash give James a hug.

"Oh my gosh! I love, love, love you!!" I gave him a big bear hug. He loosely wrapped a single arm around me as he panted. Once I released him, he took a deep breath and composed himself.

"I have a date to get to now." He straightened his posture and tugged on his t-shirt.

"With who?" Austin asked, setting down his glass of sweet tea.

"Well, I got front row seats, and the guy I got them from... Well I have to go on a date with his ugly ass daughter." James explains, but doesn't go into much detail.

"Language James." My grandma injected into the conversation.

"Sorry MawMaw, but, um, I gotta head out!" He kissed the top of my head, waved to everyone else, and dashed out the door.

"I can not believe I am going to a Hunter Hayes concert... and front row seats!!" I squealed, jumping up and down in a steady circle. A few minutes later, I got a text from James...

James: Forgot to mention, we're going to the coffee house thing to meet him

I read the text and couldn't believe this evening has just happened.

"Who was that?"

"James just texted me... I'M GOING TO MEET HUNTER HAYES!!!!" I squealed once more and this time with much passion.

++++

After my shower, I changed into my matching zebra print bra and underwear(Zebra has always been my lucky print), green spandex, and a black tank top. I pulled my hair into a loose ponytail, put on some black ankle socks, and walked into my room to grab my phone.

Like every other night, my grandpa and grandma were watching Gunsmoke, when I walked in. I took up the normal spot that I claimed on the giant sofa.

"Where did Austin go?" I looked around the room and in the kitchen but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

"He went home honey." My grandma pointed out after picking up Spike. Spike is a very small dog that belongs in the toy division if he every joined a dog show. 

"Hm, okay." I shrugged it off then began a friendly game of Subway Surfers.

++

"Oh come on! You know you love me!" I teased April who was raving on about the concert this Saturday.

"No! I hate you! Your so mean!"

"I am not mean! Take it up with my brother, k! He surprised me with it!" I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was so angry I was leaving her behind to see our mutual icon.

"So what? Take me with you!!" She cried. I chuckled softly and right as I lifted my head to look up, I hit the back of my head against the bedside post. "Owww! Shit!" I whined softly trying not to scream and wake up the whole house.

"So how are you and Austin?" I can visualize her brows perking and a devious grin sweeping across her face through the phone.

"What do you mean?" I play coy.

"Oh come on! Its obvious that you like him and he likes you!! How could you just neglect that fact!!" She hollered at me and I blushed slightly. 

It is true... I have had a slight crush on Austin for a while now... but haven't figured if he likes me. By the way he acts around me, he sorta makes me wonder if he does or doesn't... but it really doesn't matter anymore. He has a girlfriend named Daniella. She isn't really that pretty but... that's a TOTAL different story.

Our situation was quite peculiar. He was pretty much married into our family. His Uncle, my step-grandfather, married my grandmother. Many have said it's just incest, but somehow it doesn't feel that way.

"Well, he has a girlfriend already! So, no!"

"Ugh! Child! Stop denying the love situation here!" Her voice grew stronger in annoyance. I have got to admit, April has sass when she wants to have it.

"Look I better go to bed... I have a HUGE day tomorrow." Speaking of which, I had to go to different places tomorrow to pick out the perfect outfit for Saturday night. Boy was today a BLAST!!!

I hung out most of it with Austin, found out I was going to a Hunter Hayes concert, and now.... I get to go to sleep!

I curled up underneath the covers and rolled myself into a ball. Soon I passed out and went into la la land.

_____________________________________________________________________

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Read, Vote, Comment!!!

+ sorta edited 4/25/17 +