Chapter five; The Concert; Part One

Taylor's POV

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"April, I will not wear that thing! It looks like a rainbow just crapped on it!" I argued.

April sighed rolling her eyes. "Stop your whining and wear the stupid thing Taylor." She snapped.

"Mmm, no. You'll have to catch me!" I stuck my tongue out, opened the door behind me, and ran to the backdoor. 

I heard April groan and run after me. I swung the back screen door open and sprinted down the stairs. I ran to the steel fence and tried to jump the fence. Right before I clawed my way over the fence, I felt someones hands grab my waist and jerk me back. 

"Oof!!" I fell to the cold, green hard ground. I looked up startled, and found April frowning at me. 

"Get your booty in there, and try on that dress." She commanded. I frowned, tucked in my tail, and scooted into my room. I tossed on the crayola dress on and slipped on the silver pumps.

"I still look like crap." I pouted.

"Fine. Go ahead and wear that trashy thing to church." April pointed to the outfit I had picked out for church last night. A blue and white plaid dress, a pair of black leather cowboy boots, and a thick black belt were spread across the bottom of the bed as me and April were starring at it. Although she was staring at it in disgust.

"Hun, it looks like you're going to a hoe-down." She spat.

"So? I live in that type of area don't I?"

"Valid, but that besides the point."

"Then what's the point of me wearing a stupid dress that looks like crayola crayons just crapped?"

"Taylor..." April sighed, annoyed. "Fine, wear this."

April tossed me a dress from her bag and I scurried into the bathroom to change. I slipped on a white cross-back dress and my cowboy boots on. I skidded into the room again and swirled around in the mirror, letting the skirt twirl with me.

I smiled and April fell back on the bed. I smirk and grab my purse, phone and anything else to keep my occupied during Church.

"Girls? Are you ready?" My Grandma asked from the kitchen.

"Yes ma'am!" We both shouted.

"Okay well lets go!"

April and I walked into the kitchen, quickly grabbing a few snacks seeing as we didn't eat breakfast and followed my Grandma to her white van in the garage.

We pulled up to the church and parked on the side. April and I slipped out of the van, chatting about the concert tonight.

Last night, James and I managed to get my Grandma to say yes to when church is like fifteen minutes from being over, that I can slip out, change and wait for James. And that's what I planned on doing. I shoved my outfit I was going to wear in my purse earlier this morning so I wouldn't forget it, along with my makeup bag in case my face started to dull out.

As we walked down the sidewalk, I could hear the clicking sound that April's high heels made across the concrete. Just before we entered the Church, an elderly lady by the name of Pat stood there holding bulletins for everyone. Her white hair was curled in small curls, she was wearing a blue jean dress with a red sweater. Clearly needs fashion help from April.

I declined a bulletin because all I'd do is just toss it away right after. April and I trudged up the steep steps up the stairs onto the second floor of the Church. We reached a balcony that over looked the entire congregation in the sanctuary, and lightly walked to the first door.